The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Wezzler
hi i have a question i wondered if you dropped a subject at AS, and your school dont certificate AS results would you have to put the grade down on ucas for the one you dropped or is it still put as pending. I thought it was pending, but i just wanted to check.

What do you mean by your school doesn't certificate AS results?
Reply 2
Zezzy
What do you mean by your school doesn't certificate AS results?

i mean we dont get given an overall AS grade even though we can work it out, as they have not certificated it therefore, on ucas we write it as pending. how do uni's know if your not carrying on a subject.
Reply 3
Wezzler
i mean we dont get given an overall AS grade even though we can work it out, as they have not certificated it therefore, on ucas we write it as pending. how do uni's know if your not carrying on a subject.

Well if you're not carrying on the subject then your exam board will certificate your AS grade won't they?
Reply 4
If it hasn't been certificated you don't have to enter it at all.

You enter your A2's on ucas, so they would know you were dropping it by the fact that you don't put the A2 down.

Personally I only filled in AS's as part of a full A-level, I didn't enter them twice, but I think technically you are meant to?

It's too confusing tbh, but don't worry too much, if you're dropping it it's unlikely to make up part of your offer anyway.
Reply 5
kpwxx
If it hasn't been certificated you don't have to enter it at all.

You enter your A2's on ucas, so they would know you were dropping it by the fact that you don't put the A2 down.

Personally I only filled in AS's as part of a full A-level, I didn't enter them twice, but I think technically you are meant to?

It's too confusing tbh, but don't worry too much, if you're dropping it it's unlikely to make up part of your offer anyway.

thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending