The Student Room Group

Insurance Choice Is Full?!?!?!

I'm not sure whether i should be full of joy or sorrow. I was on the middlesex website earlier this evening looking at their clearing list. My insurance choice said the course was full. I'm really very confused because if my firm have declined and so too did my insurance then wouldn't that middlesex course have a vacancy due to them declining me based on my results.Middlesex offered me a place after i applied in january so i'd imagine if that course is full i've got in if my firm have declined me???:confused:

Scroll to see replies

No cus loads of people apply, and quite a few would fail. They have probably stopped clearing incase too many people get good grades.
No, because there are more offer-holders than they have places. The fate of that course at your insurance does not rest solely on you.
No I don't think so.

They probably have a space left for you if other people fail and they feel like giving you an offer.
Reply 4
@The Real Davinci why would they stop clearing in case too many people get good grades?Surely they'd want as many straight-A students as possible.Then again when you think of mdx having to shut their philosophy dept. cos of only 6 applicants this year they could be taking lower graded students to fill bums on seats
loxleyed
@The Real Davinci why would they stop clearing in case too many people get good grades?Surely they'd want as many straight-A students as possible.Then again when you think of mdx having to shut their philosophy dept. cos of only 6 applicants this year they could be taking lower graded students to fill bums on seats

He meant they have not entered Clearing because enough people have achieved their grades from amongst the offer holders to not need to find people to fill their place.
you should probably stop thinking about, play a nice game of freecell or something
Reply 7
TheSownRose
He meant they have not entered Clearing because enough people have achieved their grades from amongst the offer holders to not need to find people to fill their place.

This.

Most likely, they don't accept anymore ppl through clearing. If you chose it as insurance, your place is 'reserved' until result.

Sit back, take a nap - and good luck. :yep:
Your insurance through your ucas application? then your place would be held constant pending your grades, they send you an offer based upon spaces available on certain courses.. im confused :/ murrr
Reply 9
Frankster1992
Your insurance through your ucas application? then your place would be held constant pending your grades, they send you an offer based upon spaces available on certain courses.. im confused :/ murrr

Yeah that's right.

This year the increased number of application has meant many top unis simply didn't have capacity to accept ppl through clearing. :o:
i honestly didn't understand a word of what you wrote, OP
Reply 11
yodude888
i honestly didn't understand a word of what you wrote, OP

You only understand maths equations? :eek: genius!
Flyer8
You only understand maths equations? :eek: genius!

send me your CV :rolleyes:
The Uni I am going to are the same. But if you have them as your insurance then you have a place if you meet the conditions.
Reply 14
Well I just checked the Imperial site, which is my firm, and it has no clearing spaces. Not sure if that is a good thing..
Reply 15
yodude888
send me your CV :rolleyes:

It's still being written. :p:
Reply 16
ajeffreys
Well I just checked the Imperial site, which is my firm, and it has no clearing spaces. Not sure if that is a good thing..

How is that a good thing? but I thought there was something special between us. :eek: no clearing place... err

lol
My course has clearing spaces, but it is LJMU lol
Reply 18
I don't want to hijack the thread, but when you log onto UCAS track tomorrow morning, will you get offers from both insurance and firm, or if you met your firm, will they auto reject insurance?
Reply 19
Paske
I don't want to hijack the thread, but when you log onto UCAS track tomorrow morning, will you get offers from both insurance and firm, or if you met your firm, will they auto reject insurance?
Why does it matter? If your firm turns unconditional, you have a place and what has happened with your insurance is irrelevant.

Latest

Trending

Trending