The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TomB1991
Now is that a good thing or does everyone who is unsuccessful get clearing? :frown:

get a copy of the independent, circle the things you want and have the numbers ready so when you get your results you can call immediately!
The choice is yours now, guys. Either ring around and hopefully find a place you really like (but bear in mind you'll need to get some accom and your student finance sorted ASAP - although don't worry about that until you've found a place, obviously). Or you can take a year out to travel, save up some money, decide what it really is you want to do, perhaps by doing some short courses and suchlike or even resit. Point is, there's always options so don't worry too much. I was in a similar position myself, and ended up reapplying for a different course!

:hugs:
Reply 42
Clearing's got some really good opportunities this year guys, don't be down!
Reply 43
Keep trying :biggrin: And if you feel no university in clearing is not right for you, who don't you take a gap year and resit some modules? Or reconsider your options?
Seefour
Go call the universities and look for a place, stop wasting your time.

You can't without your grades.
Reply 45
Okay this happened to me last year... All the newspapers and everyone say there are no places left and clearing will be crap this year, but its not that bad.... if your grades are reasonable you CAN get in.... make a list of all the clearing courses you would consider... prior to getting your results... SAVE TIME EVERYWHERE YOU CAN!

Don't Panic .... AND beg if you have to.... this is no time for dignity.. Lets face it, you are unlikely to ever meet the person on the other side of the phone ...

ps. Dont accept a place at Keele through clearing.... they literally have no accomodation
Good Luck :smile:
Reply 46
question, if ur one of the idiots applying to for clearing today 19th august, does it matter if i leave out a reference?
Reply 47
im in clearing, and i fly off to brazil 2morrow evening, woops...will i have enough time to sort everything, if not can it be done abroad?
Reply 48
teh_killer
im in clearing, and i fly off to brazil 2morrow evening, woops...will i have enough time to sort everything, if not can it be done abroad?

You should be able to get an offer today, yeah, but how long are you in Brazil for? After that your uni will probably send you forms for accommodation etc. which will need to be filled in and sent back asap.

If you don't manage to get an offer today, then you can still phone up unis and get onto track abroad, but it will cost you.

Latest

Trending

Trending