The Student Room Group

omg im panicking iv been rejected, what shal i do please help me!

iv been rejected to my firm and i didnt have an insurance please help me guys!!!! it was a business and management course the only course they offered me was a computing for business course, what am i going to do????? i hate computers!!

i dnt want to go ANYWHER else at all help please i feel so lost

i cant believe the uni has around 5 courses which are at least 50% business and 50% anotehr subject and iv got the grades for them but they arnt in clearing and are ful! people have said u might be able to transfer when you get there but i took that risk last year and i regreted it because they still told me it was full when i got there, please help me
Reply 1
I am in the same position and all I can say is that you take a risk when you don't have an insurance. The only thing you can do is contact the University or ones close by to see if you can "jump on" or be more flexible.

Or work at Tesco...
Why don't you want to go anywhere else??
There are plenty of good Uni's around and a lot of business courses in clearing.
Either take a gap year and reapply next year or go pick up the independent newspaper and go through clearing.
All the best
a112
iv been rejected to my firm and i didnt have an insurance please help me guys!!!! it was a business and management course the only course they offered me was a computing for business course, what am i going to do????? i hate computers!!

i cant believe the uni has around 5 courses which are at least 50% business and 50% anotehr subject and iv got the grades for them but they arnt in clearing and are ful! people have said u might be able to transfer when you get there but i took that risk last year and i regreted it because they still told me it was full when i got there, please help me

computing for business is GOOD....suck it up and DO IT... I am sure you are smart.... imo, it is better than business and management.

TAKE the course, do well in it, and graduate with a degree......that should be your goal instead of panicking

Goodluck
Clearing !
take a gap year maybe and sort your stuff out.

maybe do afew retakes

all the best.
Reply 6
I wish to add on what I wrote.

Be far more flexible. I wanted to study politics at the University of Essex; that ain't happening 'cus I suck too much at life... So instead I will talk to people about studying development based subjects, finance based subjects etc at other local universities.
Reply 7
This is the risk with not picking an insurance. It looks like you got three choices:

-Goto the uni and hope they allow you to transfer when you get there.
-Do computing for business.
-Go through clearing and pick a business course at a diff uni.

Or, if you're really unhappy, take a year out and reapply next year
If you don't want to do the change of course that they've offered you then get yourself into clearing and see what is available there. If you don't like the look of anything in clearing then your only option is to apply next year. If the other courses you're interested in at your firm uni are full/not in clearing then they have no vacancies and are unable to take you. There is no point going to the other course in Sept if you don't want to do it on the slim chance you can transfer.
What if you just go on the course and see if you like it? Maybe there are transfer options as well?
Reply 10
a112

Calm down,

Get ready and go to your 6th form or college, if you think you cant do it on your own and hate the computer work.

They'll (the academic adviso there) help you find a similar course at the same univeristy maybe through clearing, but you'll have to be fast.

good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending