The Student Room Group

primary pgce at coleraine

Scroll to see replies

Hi
Thank you for the reply. We always feel the same coming out if an interview do don't be worrying we will all be the same. Can I ask you one question? Does the maths require a calculator?
Good luck x

Original post by littleelf
Hey all

Had interview today ... and I'm thinking it's gonna be a 'no thank you' for me. :s-smilie:

You get half an hour for English, which is to write on a topic of their choice (and I guess will change from day to day).

And you get half an hour for maths. Heads up, it goes a little beyond KS2 and don't over-think the questions like I did. Study everything for it! There were only ten questions on the maths paper - with a few problem solver types.

The interview was ok actually. I'd say the best advice is to relax and brush up on the things that they pointed out on the interview sheet and you'll be good.

I was really annoyed, however, that one girl told me she didn't want to be a primary teacher, but secondary teacher! Then went on to ask me (as we were the only two in the room doing maths, at one stage) what a Factor was?!

All I can say is good luck.
Original post by Miss L
Hi she rang Coleraine yesterday and the said everyone will have heard either way in the next two weeks:-/ As far as I know interviews start tomorrow the 4th March. When did you do your storytelling hers was the 12th Dec.
my storytelling was in January and I thought it was good!! But with so many applicants I guess good might not have been enough. I have already accepted a place in England but would prefer to stay in Northern Ireland.. Just wish they would hurry up with the letter 📜
Original post by Aine3537
Hi
Thank you for the reply. We always feel the same coming out if an interview do don't be worrying we will all be the same. Can I ask you one question? Does the maths require a calculator?
Good luck x

No calculator needed, but do take your own pen. They don't provide one.

Good luck to you too. Let us know how it went?
Thanks for reply. I Have never worried so much tday. Hate the English part.
Will let u know how I get on 👍

No calculator needed, but do take your own pen. They don't provide one.

Good luck to you too. Let us know how it went?
Hi,
Having my interview tomorrow. I'm not really nervous about the interview I'm more worried about the tests. What was your topic on if you don't mind me asking, I know it changes for each but it's just for an idea of what will be asked? also was there percentages and measurements in your math exam. I'm so nervous.

Hey all

Had interview today ... and I'm thinking it's gonna be a 'no thank you' for me. :s-smilie:

You get half an hour for English, which is to write on a topic of their choice (and I guess will change from day to day).

And you get half an hour for maths. Heads up, it goes a little beyond KS2 and don't over-think the questions like I did. Study everything for it! There were only ten questions on the maths paper - with a few problem solver types.

The interview was ok actually. I'd say the best advice is to relax and brush up on the things that they pointed out on the interview sheet and you'll be good.

I was really annoyed, however, that one girl told me she didn't want to be a primary teacher, but secondary teacher! Then went on to ask me (as we were the only two in the room doing maths, at one stage) what a Factor was?!

All I can say is good luck.
Original post by nichola22
Hi,
Having my interview tomorrow. I'm not really nervous about the interview I'm more worried about the tests. What was your topic on if you don't mind me asking, I know it changes for each but it's just for an idea of what will be asked? also was there percentages and measurements in your math exam. I'm so nervous.

Good luck :smile:
Thanks, just looking forward to having it over with. Hope you get your letter soon I know friends still waiting on theirs. 😊

Original post by Scottya93
Good luck :smile:
Original post by Aine3537
Thanks for reply. I Have never worried so much tday. Hate the English part.
Will let u know how I get on ������

Should find out sometime in April ... good luck!
Hi,

Sorry, only seeing this now. You'll have had your interview already. How did it go?

Good luck and let us know how you get on? :smile:
Thanks, interview went really well. I was pleased they didn't ask anything I wasn't expecting and were friendly. The test isn't bad it's just an English topic for half an hour and then 10 maths questions. All in all not a bad experience. I would love to get in but with so many applying sometimes it's just down to the luck of the draw. Good luck everyone! 😄

Sorry, only seeing this now. You'll have had your interview already. How did it go?

Good luck and let us know how you get on? :smile:
Thanks, interview went really well. I was pleased they didn't ask anything I wasn't expecting and were friendly. The test isn't bad it's just an English topic for half an hour and then 10 maths questions. All in all not a bad experience. I would love to get in but with so many applying sometimes it's just down to the luck of the draw. Good luck everyone! ������

I think we are all lucky to get this far. Really pleased that it went well for you. I guess I just hate maths so much - I found that bit stressful.

Good luck to you - hopefully we'll all get in :smile:
Yeah it was stressful I know I definetly got one wrong it was the long one I ran out of time to finish it. You just get so stressed in that sort of environment. I hope I hear people on this saying they got in. I can't wait until April, although I will be afraid to open the letter!

I think we are all lucky to get this far. Really pleased that it went well for you. I guess I just hate maths so much - I found that bit stressful.

Good luck to you - hopefully we'll all get in :smile:
Hi is anyone else still waiting, I had my story telling 10th December and thought it went pretty well, but haven't heard anything yet, rang them few weeks ago and they said there had been no letters what so ever sent out and then next thing interviews started, rang again last week and they said my application was one of the ones being held by the director, does this mean I will end up on a waiting list, saw a few last year saying this when they had received nothing by now??????? SO FRUSTRATING AND NERVE RACKING!!!!!

Anyone have any idea what is going on????
Has anyone received a rejection letter yet?

Original post by RoisinS1
Hi is anyone else still waiting, I had my story telling 10th December and thought it went pretty well, but haven't heard anything yet, rang them few weeks ago and they said there had been no letters what so ever sent out and then next thing interviews started, rang again last week and they said my application was one of the ones being held by the director, does this mean I will end up on a waiting list, saw a few last year saying this when they had received nothing by now??????? SO FRUSTRATING AND NERVE RACKING!!!!!

Hi, sorry to hear you haven't heard anything yet. I heard that interviews are ongoing until the end of March. You are probably in the last batch of interviews. I don't think they would put people straight from story-telling onto a waiting list as you would need to have an interview and tests like everyone else. Hopefully you hear something back soon, it's such a long process it's frustrating.

Hi, sorry to hear you haven't heard anything yet. I heard that interviews are ongoing until the end of March. You are probably in the last batch of interviews. I don't think they would put people straight from story-telling onto a waiting list as you would need to have an interview and tests like everyone else. Hopefully you hear something back soon, it's such a long process it's frustrating.

Thanks Nichola, its so annoying, I'm so nervous when I open the post box, I was reading last years and there was a few people who seemed to go straight from story telling to waiting list, I was thinking it meant my story telling wasn't great and they're not wasting time with an interview, its such a horrible process.:confused:
I emailed Coleraine and they replied saying that I would be sent a letter this week, does anyone know if that's a good sign or not?

Thanks Nichola, its so annoying, I'm so nervous when I open the post box, I was reading last years and there was a few people who seemed to go straight from story telling to waiting list, I was thinking it meant my story telling wasn't great and they're not wasting time with an interview, its such a horrible process.:confused:
Reply 197
I've been hearing that line since the end of Jan, so very hard to know at this stage what any of it means!!
Original post by hope2
I've been hearing that line since the end of Jan, so very hard to know at this stage what any of it means!!

Its so annoying especially when you know people have had interviews who dont even want to get this pgce but just taking what they can get
Its so annoying especially when you know people have had interviews who dont even want to get this pgce but just taking what they can get

I have already accepted a place in England but I would prefer to stay at home. Just wish I knew either way so I could make plans for housing etc

Quick Reply

Latest