The Student Room Group

primary pgce at coleraine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi guys! I have done my story and have a pending interview with Coleraine. But yes it is wise to pick something they won't have heard every single day!!
Reply 21
Hi, London10

There are some popular childrens stories but I guess your right I think I'll try and chose something they won't have heard a lot. Where you asked any questions about your story? How many people listened to your story?

How did you find out that you got to the interview stage? Did they send you a letter? Are you able to check online what stage your at? :smile:

Sorry for so many questions. :smile:
Reply 22
Hi Davina S,

I have done a degree in Business with ICT. I have also completed a PGCE in secondary teaching in 2007 but would like to covert to primary now - here's hoping I get the chance! Still haven't decided on a story :-( How about you? Is this your first time applying?
Reply 23
I applied once before, 2 years ago. It's so competitive but we can only do our best. I would say you've got a great chance then wi already having done a PGCE. I applied for secondary in English also as that's the subject I've my degree in. Wouldn't mind either. Have a few stories in mind but nothing organised yet. Where did you do your secondary PGCE?
Reply 24
Hi
I also av my story telling session coming up!! I was just wondering does the story have to be from the curriculum or can it be any story do you think??
Reply 25
Hi Sa1704,

I think it's any story. Apparently you aren't asked any questions on the story you chose you just go in and tell the story and straight out. I think it's just so they can tell if you'd be good at reading stories to a class or not. :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by DavinaS
Hi, London10

There are some popular childrens stories but I guess your right I think I'll try and chose something they won't have heard a lot. Where you asked any questions about your story? How many people listened to your story?

How did you find out that you got to the interview stage? Did they send you a letter? Are you able to check online what stage your at? :smile:

Sorry for so many questions. :smile:

Hello!! No no questions asked atall, just what is your story and please begin!! 2 people listened, it's very nerve wracking, but once you get there and get into the story it is actually totally fine. Please don't panic.

I got a letter just at the beginning of Jan to say I had an interview, it's next week. Yikes.x
Reply 27
Hi Davina S,

We can only do our best is right! :-) Done my PGCE in Liverpool John Moores Uni. Had a great year there but would much prefer primary teaching. Where have you applied to for your secondary course?
Reply 28
Original post by London10
Hello!! No no questions asked atall, just what is your story and please begin!! 2 people listened, it's very nerve wracking, but once you get there and get into the story it is actually totally fine. Please don't panic.

I got a letter just at the beginning of Jan to say I had an interview, it's next week. Yikes.x

Yours must have went very well then. Well done! Do they tell you on the letter what to expect at interview? It's so strange the way they are doing the storytelling & interviews rather than doing them all at once then moving on to the interviews. I don't like waiting this long would rather just get it done. How long was there between your storytelling and your interview? Good luck at the interview! :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Breeds
Hi Davina S,

We can only do our best is right! :-) Done my PGCE in Liverpool John Moores Uni. Had a great year there but would much prefer primary teaching. Where have you applied to for your secondary course?

I've applied to Queens, Belfast. I'm from NI and don't want to go away so hoping I get into either Coleraine or Queens. Fingers crossed. :smile:
Reply 30
Hi all
I still haven't really chosen a story yet! I was thinking maybe the hungry caterpillar but i don't know also i am not sure whether to use props or not I think it may be to much to deal with within the 5mins. Are any of ye guys using props if so and if you don't mind me asking what are ye thinking of using?
Reply 31
Original post by Sa1704
Hi all
I still haven't really chosen a story yet! I was thinking maybe the hungry caterpillar but i don't know also i am not sure whether to use props or not I think it may be to much to deal with within the 5mins. Are any of ye guys using props if so and if you don't mind me asking what are ye thinking of using?

Hi when do you have your storytelling? I still haven't picked a story I've been having a look online to get a few ideas but think I'm gonna pick something that may not be too popular. I haven't thought on props if I could pick a story I'd be flying. Lol. :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by DavinaS
Hi when do you have your storytelling? I still haven't picked a story I've been having a look online to get a few ideas but think I'm gonna pick something that may not be too popular. I haven't thought on props if I could pick a story I'd be flying. Lol. :smile:

Hi
i have my storytelling on the 21st of feb! Yea that's a good idea! I don't think I'd feel comfortable enough using puppets for example so I think I'll just tell the story!
Reply 33
I wonder does anyone know how many is being invited to do the storytelling activity? And how many is being interviewed afterwards? and roughly how many spaces there are for the Primary PGCE? :smile:
Reply 34
What stage is everyone at now? Has anyone done the second part of the interview? What was it like? I'm still waiting to do my storytelling activity wish I could get it done and over with :smile:
Hi everyone

I have had my storytelling and my interview already. does anyone no when the interviews finish?
Reply 36
Original post by roisinmc121
Hi everyone

I have had my storytelling and my interview already. does anyone no when the interviews finish?

Hi, I had my storytelling yesterday so will have to wait to see if I passed that part I'm guessing the interview would be March sometime. I'd guess the interviews will be over before Easter. As the university gets its quota of places usually April then we should all find out one way or another. Not totally sure. :smile:
Original post by DavinaS
Hi, I had my storytelling yesterday so will have to wait to see if I passed that part I'm guessing the interview would be March sometime. I'd guess the interviews will be over before Easter. As the university gets its quota of places usually April then we should all find out one way or another. Not totally sure. :smile:

it feels like a lifetime. i had my interview in january. Have you applied before Davina? how do you feel your story went ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by roisinmc121
it feels like a lifetime. i had my interview in january. Have you applied before Davina? how do you feel your story went ?

I waited so long for a letter from Coleraine for the storytelling was beginning to think I was unsuccessful with my application but I guess it's better late than never. Yeah I applied a few years ago when I was graduating since that I've been working as a special needs classroom assistant. I needed to gather experience. Have you applied before? I was very happy with my story I do that kind of thing a lot so wasn't to nervous. Fingers crossed I get an interview now. How did your interview go? What's your degree in? :smile:
Original post by DavinaS
I waited so long for a letter from Coleraine for the storytelling was beginning to think I was unsuccessful with my application but I guess it's better late than never. Yeah I applied a few years ago when I was graduating since that I've been working as a special needs classroom assistant. I needed to gather experience. Have you applied before? I was very happy with my story I do that kind of thing a lot so wasn't to nervous. Fingers crossed I get an interview now. How did your interview go? What's your degree in? :smile:

Oh it is such a long drawn out process! lol. I feel like im waiting for exam results all over again. I have applied a few times also. I think my interview went okay but they are probably interviewing hundreds considering how long the process is. Im not very confident on how my written piece went though, fingers crossed you get an interview!! what story did you do?... my degree is in drama.. what is your degree in ? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending