The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

sure :P
i was supposed to be doing joint honours of soc and anth, but i've changed to do arch and anth - college is josephine butler.
needless to say, i'm VERY excited
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Well see you there (maybe) :-D
what college are you going to? :smile:
Reply 4
St cuthberts, was my first choice some im quite happy :-)
lizzzyy1
St cuthberts, was my first choice some im quite happy :-)

i applied to go there, but then after finding out i might not be self-catered/ ensuite [even though the college itself was nice :P] i changed to jo butler
Reply 6
AmiiRainbow
i applied to go there, but then after finding out i might not be self-catered/ ensuite [even though the college itself was nice :P] i changed to jo butler

Erm ok. i think its the other way round (if im understanding you)

If youre self catered you have to be on parsons field, if youre wanting full board youre on the bailey (however their a fewer spaces on the bailey and they are very popular) what they told me is they cant guarantee a place of the bailey even if youre full board.

Or do you mean you def want the ensuite? Otherwise i see what you mean
lizzzyy1
Erm ok. i think its the other way round (if im understanding you)

If youre self catered you have to be on parsons field, if youre wanting full board youre on the bailey (however their a fewer spaces on the bailey and they are very popular) what they told me is they cant guarantee a place of the bailey even if youre full board.

Or do you mean you def want the ensuite? Otherwise i see what you mean

this is precisely why i changed. Jo Butler is the only college where you're totally guaranteed to have a self-catered, ensuite room, whereas at St Cuth's, there was a risk i might end up with catered accommodation with a shared bathroom
Reply 8
Ah fair enough :-) Thats my current fear ending up with someone who spends HOURS in the bathroom, or leaves it in a mess :-S
AmiiRainbow
sure :P
i was supposed to be doing joint honours of soc and anth, but i've changed to do arch and anth - college is josephine butler.
needless to say, i'm VERY excited

:biggrin: i'm doing anth and arch too! but at cuth's. have you decided on the last 2 modules you're gonna take? the modules from arch are all sooo interesting, i'm spoilt for choice!
Reply 10
mightyjingyi
:biggrin: i'm doing anth and arch too! but at cuth's. have you decided on the last 2 modules you're gonna take? the modules from arch are all sooo interesting, i'm spoilt for choice!

I may see you both at lectures (for anth) although im still a little clueless about how it all works. Just got back from holiday and found a letter with all my modules, i have no idea what to choose either, do you know if theres any more info about each specific module??
mightyjingyi

oh, gosh, no
i've not heard anything about how i'm meant to decide - is there anything that tells us what each module consists of?
Reply 12
AmiiRainbow
oh, gosh, no
i've not heard anything about how i'm meant to decide - is there anything that tells us what each module consists of?

I had a booklet which told me all about the sociology part of my course, nothing about anth, im guessing as theyre different departments they may send things at different times (or not send them at all) hmmm, im gonna wait a bit then perhaps call them... Even so, i dont think it will be a problem, my letter told me that we choose our modules on the 5th oct, it also says theres an introduction on the 4th where u can ask questions etc, i guess its the same for you guys :confused:
lizzzyy1
I had a booklet which told me all about the sociology part of my course, nothing about anth, im guessing as theyre different departments they may send things at different times (or not send them at all) hmmm, im gonna wait a bit then perhaps call them... Even so, i dont think it will be a problem, my letter told me that we choose our modules on the 5th oct, it also says theres an introduction on the 4th where u can ask questions etc, i guess its the same for you guys :confused:

hopefully :smile:
i think anthropology's main intro day is the tuesday... might be worth a phone call though just to check
Hi guys,

If you go on www.dur.ac.uk/faculty.handbook there are module descriptions.

Also when you go to register for Anthropology you'll get a handbook which has pretty much the same descriptions as the online faculty handbook.
AmiiRainbow
oh, gosh, no

http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/faculty.handbook/degrees/frameworks/lf64.pdf
check out this pdf doc :biggrin: tells us abt the modules we are expected to take for each year. after that you can click on the links in the doc and they'll bring you to the faculty modules website with information about the module.

i havent heard much from durham actually ): i'm a international student, so i'm afraid most of the mails they've sent may have gotten lost. need to rely on the internet for everything!
lizzzyy1
I may see you both at lectures (for anth) although im still a little clueless about how it all works. Just got back from holiday and found a letter with all my modules, i have no idea what to choose either, do you know if theres any more info about each specific module??

http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/faculty.handbook/degrees/frameworks/ll36.pdf
found this on the university's website too. click on the modules under anth and they'll bring you to a page with descriptions abt the module :biggrin:
mightyjingyi
http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/faculty.handbook/degrees/frameworks/lf64.pdf
check out this pdf doc :biggrin: tells us abt the modules we are expected to take for each year. after that you can click on the links in the doc and they'll bring you to the faculty modules website with information about the module.

i havent heard much from durham actually ): i'm a international student, so i'm afraid most of the mails they've sent may have gotten lost. need to rely on the internet for everything!

thanks for the link :smile:
been on there before, but didn't realise you could actually click on the hyperlinks there... oops :p:
Reply 18
mightyjingyi

i'm at cuths doing arch and anth too :smile:
Reply 19
Thats very useful, does that mean we actually get to choose exaclty when we do which modules we've chosen? As im doing Anth and Sociology does that mean i should choose to do one anth module and one socio per term?

Latest