The Student Room Group

well its not all bad!... [positive clearing experience]

well its not all bad!...

let me tell u guys what happend to me today.

-offers from the university of Bristol,Aston,Southampton for Audiology.
-Firm Briz Insurance-Aston
NEEDED ABB/BBB

-results BCD... NOT Good at all. i was GUTTED that i was way off by a Mile.

-home with results in hand at about 10ish.
-mind u the previous night i had made a list of clearing stuff etc.. to be on the safe side.

-called up Queen mary for english/biology courses...they said my grades were crap well

-called up Brunel for english, same situation, BUT...

-the lady on the phone was nice and as i was in a huff she helped me and corrected my points i said i had 240 when i really had 260....put me through to the biology department....

the tutor was very helpfull,i struck him with a GREAT pitch,

-Now i have an offer from Brunel to do BIO-MED with a placement year.

not to shabby .

TRY AND TRY PEOPLE! there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Reply 1
Congrays.

I got a CCC, which is quite bad.

So far, I have no offers. I was rejected by Oxford Brookes but I'll try again later. Manchester Met is busy.. and Greenwich said they'd call me back.

I hope I get into the place I want, like you have.
Reply 2
I got ABC and I have given up phoning people.

''We can't take you cos' you didn't meet the grades exactly, although I respect they have the same amount of points''

Ergh.
Reply 3
Hey! just wondered whether you guys may have some advice for me!!

I've applied to do law at the university of greenwich, & london southbank uni, and i've heard nothing yet! my offers were BBC/CCC but.. that went shocking this morning when i opened my results i had.....CDD sitting there lol! cried abit then got a grip! however, my university conditional offer is that i get maths gcse up to a C as i failed it ages ago! but i realise the gcse results do not come out until tues, do you think that they are pondering over accepting me,and waiting to see how i do in my gcse? or would that even matter now i didn't even meet any of my offers requirements? any ideas what i should do guys?
xx
Reply 4
shonaiscool

I've applied to do law at the university of greenwich, & london southbank uni, and i've heard nothing yet! my offers were BBC/CCC but.. that went shocking this morning when i opened my results i had.....CDD sitting there lol! cried abit then got a grip! however, my university conditional offer is that i get maths gcse up to a C as i failed it ages ago! but i realise the gcse results do not come out until tues, do you think that they are pondering over accepting me,and waiting to see how i do in my gcse? or would that even matter now i didn't even meet any of my offers requirements? any ideas what i should do guys?
xx

-well i think if they are both still pondering ie- still condtional,then the likelyhood is they are waiting on your gcse in maths. :cool: HOPE IS HERE!!! also call them and let them know as the situation is stressfull for you.:yep:
Reply 5
haha you've made me see some light at the tunnel. thanksssssssssss so much! you're ace! ha. another query, i rang up several times to them, and they were about as useful as a bent spoon! (not very!) the woman on the phone was moany, and was just like well you'll just have to wait and see. but what if i don't want to wait and see? there will be no clearing left! or i won't know if my insurance will accept me yet! agh so bad. but greenwich and london southbank both have spaces on my courses via clearing!?? is this a good sign my friend? ha xx
Reply 6
I also got BCD, but my parent's are taking the stance that I didn't try hard enough, and I won't get into a good course. They basically want me to retake most of my exams and do another A-level next year.
Bio-Med sounds awesome though, I might have to try and convince them to let me go for clearing.
Reply 7
mariame
well its not all bad!...

Around what time did you call Brunel? Do they still have places now?

Congratulations though :yep:
Reply 8
shonaiscool
haha you've made me see some light at the tunnel. thanksssssssssss so much! you're ace! ha. another query, i rang up several times to them, and they were about as useful as a bent spoon! (not very!) the woman on the phone was moany, and was just like well you'll just have to wait and see. but what if i don't want to wait and see? there will be no clearing left! or i won't know if my insurance will accept me yet! agh so bad. but greenwich and london southbank both have spaces on my courses via clearing!?? is this a good sign my friend? ha xx

i phoned in the moring at about 10ish sooo. i dunno they may be a bit restless now, but as i said u just have to continue mateee:yep: also it makes it harder if ur still hoping for your insurance.

if it helpes...

-i sort of was quite sad as they had said my grades were to poor fr english..so for ur course just say 'well do u guys have anything else suitable for my grades?.... will u not take anything else into close consideration ie-refrence?... last year i got... u know i am fully able.. etc....'

this is what i did, and if u get through to a tutor SELL YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :yep:
Reply 9
goldenGAZE
Around what time did you call Brunel? Do they still have places now?

Congratulations though :yep:

-I CALLED EM' AT 10:30ISH...

-yes they still have places... put when u phone up just ask them aslong as u have a little knowledge on the subject push it and all will come good.:yep: :cool:
Reply 10
shonaiscool

xx
The only way you can find out is to ring them and ask. You don't want to end up next week with rejections on your hands even if you do get the GCSE grade.
Reply 11
The Anthrax
I also got BCD, but my parent's are taking the stance that I didn't try hard enough, and I won't get into a good course. They basically want me to retake most of my exams and do another A-level next year.
Bio-Med sounds awesome though, I might have to try and convince them to let me go for clearing.

You don't have to convince them to let you do anything, remember, this is your life and your education and you should do what you want to do rather than what your parents want you to do.
Reply 12
have you had acceptance emails/phone calls. im still waiting from 7am!
Reply 13
Sheri91
have you had acceptance emails/phone calls. im still waiting from 7am!

yea i got a confrmation email so i had to sort it out for def at 6pm tday, u should have recived a confirm email call them up!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending