The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wren
Yeh I started phoning at 14.30 ish and didn't get through til about 17.30! I was trying roughly every ten mins!!!

did you have any luck? i got through at 7pm from 11am!!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Wren
I did! My dad got home tried twice and got through and proceeded to say "I don't know what all the fuss was about"! He just got lucky!

I am now going to be studying Speech Therapy! I have just finished a gap year and thought I was going to have to take another one to apply for it cos all the uni's had told me it was extremely unlikely there'd be any places in clearing. So :biggrin::

How about you? Did you get a place?

oohh well done :smile: are you gona be living in halls?

yehh i got a place :smile: im gona be studying social change, cant wait to start.

Just need to sort student finance out now lol xx
Reply 3
I got through straight away on thursday at like 4pm, suppose that was just me being lucky.

Really need to get some finance sorted or I'm screwed, wages wont cover a few weeks living in manchester lol
What courses are you all doing?
Reply 5
clairefaulkes

Fashion buying. What about yourself?
Reply 6
clairefaulkes

social change :smile:

you? xx
Reply 7
thought id just post a quickie. Nice to see other clearing students going to MMU! (despite how long it took to get through on the phones!). :smile:
Have you guys heard back from MMU via UCAS to confirm your place?
Reply 8
AliceJean
thought id just post a quickie. Nice to see other clearing students going to MMU! (despite how long it took to get through on the phones!). :smile:
Have you guys heard back from MMU via UCAS to confirm your place?

heyyy :smile: what are you gona be studying?

MMU have already accepted my clearing place on UCAS, just waiting for a confirmation letter :smile: xx
Reply 9
im still waiting for MMU to confirm my place via ucas. :frown:
they gave me a verbal offer on thursday and told me to add them to my track, which i did friday morning. since then ive had no updates or anything. really nervous at the moment. =/
Reply 10
lauren_lfc
heyyy :smile: what are you gona be studying?

MMU have already accepted my clearing place on UCAS, just waiting for a confirmation letter :smile: xx

English Lit with film studies. :smile: Really excited now! just wannaa get all the nitty gritty sorted. Ah fab you're pretty much sorted then! Have you applied for accommodation yet? x
Reply 11
They never told me to add it through track? And it was the programme leader who said that like.
Reply 12
ap25
im still waiting for MMU to confirm my place via ucas. :frown:
they gave me a verbal offer on thursday and told me to add them to my track, which i did friday morning. since then ive had no updates or anything. really nervous at the moment. =/

Im in the same position, i cant relax until ucas confirm it! :s-smilie: eeek.
Reply 13
ah, i havnt even had an email from them. :frown: . but they did give me a verbal offer..... :s-smilie:
Reply 14
I rang them earlier and they said the wont finish updating peoples info on track till at least Tuesday, i asked if she could double check if i had a place and after checking the file she said i did. So dont worry if its not updated on track yet :smile:
Reply 15
AliceJean
English Lit with film studies. :smile: Really excited now! just wannaa get all the nitty gritty sorted. Ah fab you're pretty much sorted then! Have you applied for accommodation yet? x

nope ive not applied for accommodation, im gona be commuting for at least the first term from liverpool! bit of a travel but im sure its gona be worth it :smile: what campus are you gona be at? xx
Reply 16
Ive been told I deffo have a offer over the phone like 3 times, even from the heads of department! but like you are all saying i can't think it's really true until UCAS says it!! Hurry up UCAS! I wanna buy my pots and pans for uni!
Someone told me that apparently there are only 120 working at UCAS clearing! If that is true that is a complete joke for the amount of people going through clearing! They knew before clearing opened how many people hadn't got into their firm/insurance so they could of gotten more people!
Im doing a new course this year, i will be studying Pharmaceutical chemistry at MMU.

I can remember going through clearing last year so if you need any help or advice, just get in contact :smile:
Reply 18
clairefaulkes
Im doing a new course this year, i will be studying Pharmaceutical chemistry at MMU.

I can remember going through clearing last year so if you need any help or advice, just get in contact :smile:

Well I initially applied for philosophy foundation, but they rejected me, because the conditional offer was me achieving my BTEC grades of PPP and Functional Skills English level 2 and Key Skills Numeracy level 2.

I achieved my BTEC and I got MERIT MERIT PASS, which is 200 UCAS points but the college never put me on Key Skills because I didn't have a city and guilds number so I never done it, also the Functional Skills there was this horrible teacher who was hardly in so I never was able to get any coursework done and wasn't even prepared for the exam, so I failed! Even all the other teachers were tealling us that she was making up all kinds of excuses to avoid coming in :s-smilie:

Well I emailed MMU countless times explaining this, but to no avail! Well I believe in a thing called Fortune, the MMU clearings say that they have some business courses still available and I believe that this was fortunes way of telling me I should do business! So tomorrow morning I'm ringing them up trying to get a place on a business course!!

I booked my accommodation and even emailed them to cancel it late Friday but then today I emailed them again to not cancel it! Good thing is that they don't work weekends, so hopefully my accommodation is still there! I really wanna study in Manchester so I'm not giving up! The philosophy department can go screw itself!
So what course is it you actually want to do?

Latest