The Student Room Group

Maths AS results...

Poll

Which AS maths exam did you do best in??

I found out I got a C in maths today when I was predicted an A :frown:

I dont know what went wrong, and Im really upset about it, but the weird thing is I was really close to an A in C2 but got Cs in C1 and S1, when I found C2 hardest by miles...
I guess I just concentrated on C2 more when revising...

Can you vote on the poll as to which module you did best in for AS maths? Please? maybe the C2 exam was just easier..

Scroll to see replies

I got a C in C1 first time round (Jan 10), then I retook and got a strong A. The June paper did go very well for all of us at my school though. But-- I also got a U in C2 and a C in S1 (C overall) so not exactly jumping for joy about it. A C was what I was predicted though, and it's as high as I dared hope for.
Anyway you should definitely retake C1, it's easy once you've done enough past papers and plus you've been through it once already. Then retake another mod- your choice. You might do C2 because you find it easier, or S1 because you achieved lowest in that. We're all different but IMO, I think you should resit S1 since the module is much smaller than in C2.
As you can see I disagree that C2 was in any way easy. It was fxcking so difficult... a U is about appropriate for my jumbled efforts. It's just my luck that I have to retake the bulkiest and broad module :frown: Good luck, though
Reply 2
Perhaps include the exam board and D1 as a choice for some more ideas
Reply 3
xCHiiBiEverlastingx
I got a C in C1 first time round (Jan 10), then I retook and got a strong A. The June paper did go very well for all of us at my school though. But-- I also got a U in C2 and a C in S1 (C overall) so not exactly jumping for joy about it. A C was what I was predicted though, and it's as high as I dared hope for.
Anyway you should definitely retake C1, it's easy once you've done enough past papers and plus you've been through it once already. Then retake another mod- your choice. You might do C2 because you find it easier, or S1 because you achieved lowest in that. We're all different but IMO, I think you should resit S1 since the module is much smaller than in C2.
As you can see I disagree that C2 was in any way easy. It was fxcking so difficult... a U is about appropriate for my jumbled efforts. It's just my luck that I have to retake the bulkiest and broad module :frown: Good luck, though

thanks for the advice :smile:

Its so annoying because I had never got a C in C1 before so I dont know how that happened...

I think ill definitely retake C1, because I know I can do better in that, and maybe S1 as well...probably not C2 though :s-smilie:

I really dont know whether to drop it for A2 or not..
Reply 4
A2 is a big jump up but it really does make retaking C1 very nice, as C2 for most.
I would say though, if a C at C1 is your true ability then A2 MAY be very challenging
Reply 5
lilrog
A2 is a big jump up but it really does make retaking C1 very nice, as C2 for most.
I would say though, if a C at C1 is your true ability then A2 MAY be very challenging

Thats the thing though, I was getting As in the practice papers so maybe I just mucked it up on the day...

I never found it easy though and I put in alot of work...
Reply 6
Got a B in C1, B in C2, D in S1. C overall, would love an overall B.
Reply 7
MattyC93
Got a B in C1, B in C2, D in S1. C overall, would love an overall B.

aww thats unlucky :frown:
Reply 8
-kit-kat-
aww thats unlucky :frown:

Thanks :/ I don't like to point fingers, but if you saw my set and teacher.. You'd understand.

Most in my set get U/E.. teacher rarely does any work.. hardly focused on S1. I guess I should of took on some more self-study so I plan to this year :smile:

Hope you get the grades you want!
Reply 9
MattyC93
Thanks :/ I don't like to point fingers, but if you saw my set and teacher.. You'd understand.

Most in my set get U/E.. teacher rarely does any work.. hardly focused on S1. I guess I should of took on some more self-study so I plan to this year :smile:

Hope you get the grades you want!

its such a horrible feeling when its not even your fault...if your teacher didn't teach you what you needed to do then what can you do?

are you going to retake any?
Reply 10
-kit-kat-
its such a horrible feeling when its not even your fault...if your teacher didn't teach you what you needed to do then what can you do?

are you going to retake any?

Could of self-studied but I'm not exactly amazing at that yet..
I'm retaking stats and a biology module.
Need 3 marks in biology for an A and 7 in maths for a B
Got a U in all of them. To be honest I wasn't shocked, although I got a U in Biology too, which was a complete shock as I was expecting a B or C.
Reply 12
MattyC93
Could of self-studied but I'm not exactly amazing at that yet..
I'm retaking stats and a biology module.
Need 3 marks in biology for an A and 7 in maths for a B

Its going to be hard work this year! My parents want me to retake LOADS :frown:

ooo so close! Hope it goes better second time round! Good luck :smile:
Reply 13
flutterbymusic
Got a U in all of them. To be honest I wasn't shocked, although I got a U in Biology too, which was a complete shock as I was expecting a B or C.

oo thats harsh :o:
maybe there was a mistake in the marking?...could you get it remarked??
Reply 14
-kit-kat-
Its going to be hard work this year! My parents want me to retake LOADS :frown:

ooo so close! Hope it goes better second time round! Good luck :smile:

I kind of wish my mother was more pushy, far too laid back :p:

Reply 15
MattyC93
I kind of wish my mother was more pushy, far too laid back :p:

haha well my parents push me that much, they just assume that I will work/revise enough etc then expect me to come out with all As :o:
but then i didnt do too well in any of my exams...it was...
a bit...of a...shock to everyone :rolleyes:
Reply 16
-kit-kat-
haha well my parents push me that much, they just assume that I will work/revise enough etc then expect me to come out with all As :o:
but then i didnt do too well in any of my exams...it was...
a bit...of a...shock to everyone :rolleyes:

Well I'm sure you'll do just fine :smile: Good luck! If you remember, let me know how resits and what not go, ok? :smile:
I got my As result today, after being predicted an A/B and pretty much getting that in my practise papers i get....a U! Lol.

I was actually shocked, I didn't expect that at all...I was thinking I'd get a B and C at worse so I have no idea what to do now...my teacher said to get it remarked..

Does anyone know of any situations when they have completely messed up the results and people have done better than the results they have got???
Reply 18
stef.strawbs.123
Does anyone know of any situations when they have completely messed up the results and people have done better than the results they have got???

There were a few screw-ups with AQA English Literature last year and the year before, but they weren't just individual cases, they were whole classes of people all flunked (in my school I remember 5 people got 100% and the rest got E/U; the ones with E/U got remarked and most came back as A-C grades). It's worth getting yours remarked, but it might also be worth getting your paper back (or a copy of it) so that you can see how it was marked and if it was a mistake on their part or not.
Reply 19
I did better than i thought by a long way
i got an A in C1 and M1 but a C in C2...overall an A but in every paper we did in class i would be lucky to get a D and thats with having 2 pages of notes!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending