The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think they have single sex for religious reasons. I just hope people wont have a problem with my boyfriend stoping over when he comes to visit, because apparently i have to check it is ok with everyone.

Surely there will be more girls though, because half of chh is all girls and then there are girls in the mixed section to so there wont be loads of lads!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 21
lisa.s1818
I think they have single sex for religious reasons. I just hope people wont have a problem with my boyfriend stoping over when he comes to visit, because apparently i have to check it is ok with everyone.

Surely there will be more girls though, because half of chh is all girls and then there are girls in the mixed section to so there wont be loads of lads!

maybe ask prior permissiong in writing? the CHH rule book is incredible! surely they don't really expect us to book a party in our rooms a term in advance

CHH is a little place, but do not fear, there will be boys well...everywhere, I'm sure you'll cope
Reply 22
Does anyone know how may of us are sharing a kitcken and bathroom?
my boyfriend is also living in CHH - he's in fry wing though obviously not OC. so marmalade - do you mind him spending the night occasionally? im hoping this counts as advance asking if you see what i mean :tongue:

Edit: and no i dont know how many of us are sharing a bathroom/kitchen but if there are three floors (i think?) and what, 24 rooms, then there will be 8 of us to a bathroom/kitchen (only one of each a floor). i think thats right.
lisa.s1818
I think they have single sex for religious reasons.

woah, woah woah! I better not have booked myself into some christian fraternity for a whole year. Not that I'm planning on breaking the ten commandments or owt but a bit of freedom would be pleasurable....

I don't get the more than four in a room and it's a party rule. Just take a stereo into the kitchen and party there - there's nothing in our rooms anyway!
Reply 25
little girl red, I think it's the warden you need to ask not me! of course he can come over, though I expect a formal introduction, n I hope you'll grant me the same allowance :wink:

there is a christian group in CHH but you don't have to join if you don't want to! however, from closer inspection of the rule-book, geordie it appears that you're living in one of the areas that bans girls, tough luck

as far as the parties go, i think what they don't see won't hurt them...

on my floor in the OC there was one kitchen and looked like 6 ish rooms, a bathroom downstairs and a bath upstairs or something similar. so it's quite a few of us to wash stuff, but eh we'll figure something out
thank you!! well he already lives in CHH so it shouldnt be too much of a problem, i just hope the other girls are as nice! of course i will give you a formal introduction, he is very nice, and of course i will return the favour and turn a blind eye to the odd male visitor lol!
see you all soon!! how exciting!
Reply 27
Am very excited! CHH got the best hall food in the review done by the student paper you know.. :smile:

Obviously am excited for more reasons than the food but yknow!

Cxx
Reply 28
any word on the second night party, toga or rubix cube?
Reply 29
marmalade
any word on the second night party, toga or rubix cube?

No idea but I'm hoping toga, since that will just require a bedsheet (and there will hopefully be a few nice male bodies in CHH :wink: )

Cxx
you'll be lucky! Seems like it's all girls!
Reply 31
Geordie_in_HK
you'll be lucky! Seems like it's all girls!

Noooooooooooooo!!

Cxx
its not all girls! i promise! for example i know there will be at least one male there - but he is already taken :tongue:
Reply 33
*memo to CHH girls* there is life (and boys) beyond our hall walls, you will be ok!
Reply 34
marmalade
*memo to CHH girls* there is life (and boys) beyond our hall walls, you will be ok!

:biggrin: I'm only kidding, I'd much prefer any boyfriend I may or may not get to be outside my hall.. Knowing me things will go pear shaped and then he would be easier to avoid!

Cxx
Reply 35
lol, yeah you don't want to have to eat breakfast with him everyday after a particularly messy break-up
yeah cos it's always the guy's fault, don't you just hate them!?
Reply 37
Geordie_in_HK
yeah cos it's always the guy's fault, don't you just hate them!?

Do tell me where that was implied... I'm sure if you had a messy breakup with a girl you wouldn't want to see her everyday, and the feeling would be mutual.

Cxx
haha I moved half way round the world to get away from my ex. I stated that guys are always at fault cos the blame is almost always put squarely on their shoulders... *bitter*
Oh yeah, anyone know the times for these parent meeting things? Remember one being sometime after lunch and the other a bit later??????

Latest

Trending

Trending