The Student Room Group

Given 1hour to confirm 'uni through clearance'...?!Heeeeeeelp!

I received a call from Kent after sending in my application for clearance (online-couldn't get through on the phone).

I was told that I had to confirm it by 5pm otherwise my place would go, as there are lots of people waiting.

What should I do??

I've already received offers on clearance from Middlesex, Swansea, London Met.

Course-Accounting and Finance.

I don't have time to research which is the better out of the 2; 'Middlesex or Kent'. Kent has a better overall ranking, but it doesn't matter tbh unless in top5.

What should I do?? Is it right I should only be given 1hour from Kent, but 48h from others?? Should I tell UCAS? (if so, I prolly don't have time-waiting list)
Accept.
well thats my idea out of the window :/ i was planning on going to kent instead of my firm greenwich and insurance du montfort, but now you've said they want confirmation for accounting and finance, which i want to do, by 5pm, damn them. gap year or greenwich? hmm
anyway go to kent, kent is really nice and middlesex is just urghh no way
It's up to you, but since you have lots of offers on the table then I'd be inclined to turn them down unless you really know you want to go. Don't rush into something if you are not sure and if you need to then take the time to do your research and go elsewhere. Just do some quick research on Kent and see if it does anything for you.
Reply 4
what grades do you need for accounting and finance at kent?
Reply 5
do not go middlesex if u have an offer from kent
I wouldn't ask a lot of random people online about such an important decision. Make a fast reccie of Kent's website and take the plunge. I would say 'yes' based on it being a good course and Kent being a solid uni and a step up from the other places you mention - but I'm not you :smile:
Reply 7
f1 boss
I received a call from Kent after sending in my application for clearance (online-couldn't get through on the phone).

I was told that I had to confirm it by 5pm otherwise my place would go, as there are lots of people waiting.

What should I do??

I've already received offers on clearance from Middlesex, Swansea, London Met.

Course-Accounting and Finance.

I don't have time to research which is the better out of the 2; 'Middlesex or Kent'. Kent has a better overall ranking, but it doesn't matter tbh unless in top5.

What should I do?? Is it right I should only be given 1hour from Kent, but 48h from others?? Should I tell UCAS? (if so, I prolly don't have time-waiting list)

Don't rush in to something just because of the limit, only do it if you actually want to.

My advice is to post in the kent and middlesex forums for advice from current students on a summary of the uni. Also look at online prospectuses

Maybe make a table, comparing the two for different factors- distance from home, accommodation, type of night life, cost of living, course content, city, ranking, student satisfaction, facilities, general 'feeling'.

Doing the list could make you realise which you really prefer.

Hope you get it sorted xxx
Reply 8
accept kent

Latest

Trending

Trending