Reply 1
liluvsanimals
Hi guys,
my as results were a mixed bunched really:
biology a
geography a
maths b
chemistry c :frown:

i'm not even sure whether I should bother applying now. I know I can get an A* in my two As at a2 but chemistry is really going to bring me down. I am going to re-sit most of my modules in chemistry and see if i can get an A but do you think I would even be considered?

you can resit ur modules for chem and try ur best, i dont see why they wouldnt consider you, they'll know that youre retaking if you put results pending on your ucas form i think. You dont even HAVE to have an a in chemistry, some places will take you with a B but obviously aim for the a :smile:
dont give up hope yet, you havnt got anything to lose from applying this year and giving it you best
last year my sister got a D in her chemistry AS results. She applied for medicine at Nottingham (i saw in your sig that you're looking at it.) They gave her a place, she the resat her exams this year and today she found out she was one UMS off an A*!

So basically, don't give up just make sure you work really hard for your exams next year, there's no reason why you couldn't do it!

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 3
liluvsanimals
Hi guys,
biology a
geography a
maths b

i'm not even sure whether I should bother applying now. I know I can get an A* in my two As at a2 but chemistry is really going to bring me down. I am going to re-sit most of my modules in chemistry and see if i can get an A but do you think I would even be considered?

I got EXACTLY those grades last year, except I did English Lit instead of Geography. I dropped English, and ended up with AAAa. So it definitely can be done! I resat every Chemistry module, some twice, it was hard work, but it paid off. I wouldn't try for Cambridge, obviously, but it's a worth a shot at the others. Just make sure you get predicted AAB+ or it's not worth applying.
Reply 4
Hi, Today i received my AS results and I am hoping to study medicine next year

I Got:
Biology-A
Chemistry-A
Maths-B:
Physics-B: :

I'm Probably going to Chose

Southampton
KCL (EMDP)
BSMS
Leicester/Imperial

I definetely will get predicted A*AAb

How high do you think i need to score in the UKCAT, and what do you think are my chances for the selections I have made.

Lastly I got a B in physics which i am going to drop, but should i "Cash It" even though i got BCC in the modular tests.

All help is much Appreciated
Reply 5
inferno you need to repost this in the medicine section you'll get more help there x
Reply 6
Thank You
Reply 7
liluvsanimals
Hi guys,
biology a
geography a
maths b

There is every reason you should bother applying. Those grades are good, plenty better than a lot of vet applicants get as AS. Check through each unis requirements very carefully as to what each one specifies. See which specifies what in Chemistry and take it from there. You can resit exams twice more if need be yet (Jan and June) so plenty of scope for moving grades up. What you do need to consider though is what to continue with. Are you better dropping one so that you have more time to concentrate on chem? If so, you are probably better dropping your 'worst' out of geog and maths so you should hopefully get two As (or A*s) and only need to worry about a B in chem then.
Reply 8
My AS results;
A- Biology
A- English Lit
B- Maths
C- Chemistry

....now a final year Liverpool vet. If you have a good personal statement and a lot of work experience when you apply you do have a good chance of interview. I applied to 3 vet schools (kept 3 alternative options incase i didnt get the A2 grades) and got an interview for all 3 schools. Then had one offer after interview. I got a tutor, did a million past paper questions and resat in the January of my A2 year- ended up with AAA and a place in Liverpool in August. Definitely not impossible so don't let your AS grades deter you- they're brilliant well done! Oh and it might have helped that I asked my school to predict me AAB in my predicted grades.
Reply 9
ok thanks guys :smile:
how do i go about asking my chemistry teacher to predict me an A/B ? Should I write a letter or something?
Reply 10
liluvsanimals
ok thanks guys :smile:
how do i go about asking my chemistry teacher to predict me an A/B ? Should I write a letter or something?

I pretty much begged. I just explained that I was going to work a hell of a lot harder and I got a tutor. I explained that there was no point in me applying without Chemistry predicted at an A, and that the rest of my application was really good, this was the only thing holding me back. I think I guilt tripped her a bit, really. I spoke to my head of sixth form, who I got on with a lot more than I did with my Chemistry teacher, and she spoke her to as well.
Reply 11
Haha I did that today. My teacher seemed pretty fine with it anyway. So hopefully I will be predicted A*A*AB in geography, biology, chemistry and maths.

Latest

Trending

Trending