The Student Room Group

Clearing : Need Advice [Psychology]

My firm and insurance were Newcastle and Northumbria respectively to do Psychology, unfortunately I missed both, I got 2 Bs and a C (3 marks off a B, 5 marks off an A for Psych), and have been rejected, I've been phoning every Uni under the sun today and I'm waiting on some replies, I've got two offers, one from Bradford and one from Central Lancaster(Burnley campus), also turned down Teesside over the phone because they said they needed a decision there and then

But I don't know what to do, I'm from Middlesbrough UK and was quite set on going to Newcastle, should I go to College for a third year then go to Newcastle or Northumbria next year?I could easily push myself enough to get what I need, or should I take up one of these offers? I'm also waiting for a reply from Northumbria, went through the clearing process.

Just general advice would help, any thoughts on Bradford or Lancaster or what not? Thanks very much :smile:
I liked Lancaster a lot. Good course, good vibe. Obviously not as good as Bangor where I ended up though :smile:

Have you made a decision yet?
Reply 2
Lancaster and Central Lancashire are two distinct universities. If you managed to get a clearing place at Lancaster, I'd say for for it as the entry requirements are AAB-AAA for psychology. If you got offered a place at Central Lancashire (widely known as UCLan) then I can't help you as I don't know much about it. If you wanted to go to a large city close to home, then perhaps look into psych as Leeds Met, Sheffield Hallam or Manchester Met. Even if they don't have places in clearing you can sometimes blag a place if getting in touch with them.
Have you visited the places you have got offers for? If not you should, because atmosphere counts for a lot.
At the end of the day you need to go somewhere where you will be happy for three years, and if that is Newcastle, take a gap year. You should find out how they feel about resits first though.

Latest