The Student Room Group

Anybody get into their Insurance but still gutted?

I did!

I was so set on getting into St. Andrews, I even visited St. Andrews yesterday and loved the place, which was canny foolish! :p:

Woke up this morning, found out someone else going to St. Andrews found on Track that he got in, so I checked mine, and after many attempts of logging in I was greeted with the word "Bangor!" I'll not lie, I balled my eyes out good and proper for about an hour! I needed AAA for my course and thought I'd probably got AABBB or something. But I got to school and found I got BBBBD. Was devastated, some of them I got A's all the way through but the last exam I got like a C or something and that knocked it! I'm still gutted I'm having to go to Bangor, not because I don't like Bangor or anything, but just having imagined myself at St. Andrews and then suddenly having to discard all that and imagine myself somewhere else! :o:

Is anybody else feeling like this? I know I was stupid to assume so much but I tried to be open-minded and prepare for not getting in, but when it actually happens it's now how you think it'd be!

I hope you guys are alright, and remember, it might not be our first chocie but at least we have a Uni to go to and not have to do all the Clearing business!:p:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me :puppyeyes: I was also trying to be open minded but I was all set for History at Leicester. Had everything figured out and even though I thought I'd done crap, I still hoped that I may be able to beg or I may have surprised myself and got a bazillion A*s xD <- denial
Instead I was greeted with 'Congrats, you're going to Hull' and I just sat in shock (occasionally refreshing here) for about an hour. Then had a good cry when a friend was sympathetic :P Eventually found out I had three Bs :P

Meh. It is hard when you have been picturing yourself somewhere else but I'm pleased I'm going somewhere, especially seeing as though a good friend is on almost the exact same course (she's on straight history, while I'm history and maritime history) at the same Uni :biggrin:

We should make our time at insurance options so epic that we forget entirely about our original firms :sexface:
Reply 2
Me, I was 1 UMS off my firm too... I've requested a remark but for now I'm not too excited about King's. I was set on UCL.
Reply 3
I missed my firm. Needed AAA, got AAB. Gutted.
Same here.

I had my heart absolutely set on Leeds, and then this morning I was greeted with 'Salford'.

I have to admit that I scream-cried :/ I really like Salford and I'm still doing a practically identical course but... Leeds... *Whimper*
Haha, suppose this means I should change my sig... XD
I'm gutted that I didn't get into Manchester and I really set my sights on that uni. Now I'll have to settle for Coventry =/
Me at first, got well and truly rejected by Leeds and got in to Lancaster. Was not happy at all, until i realised that i was fortunate to get in anywhere seeing the i was reeeally ill during my exams. I wasn't too bothered about it being a tiny and "boring" place unlike my other choices cause im the type of person who could start a rave in an empty room so anywhere i go is going to be fun :biggrin:

Such is life :smile:
Reply 8
Me! Needed 200 points, got 240, but rather than tell me 10 months ago they don't accept OCR Nationals as a GCSE equivalent, Hertfordshire waited until today, so I've been left with Bedfordshire. I don't think I'll go, take a gap year and re-apply in September to Universities that will take it. Gives me a year to find a job, get experience if possible and sort out my medication.
Reply 9
cheer_up_love
Haha, suppose this means I should change my sig... XD

that's the kind of degree that people were talking about.
All these media science,yada yada should stop wasting other people's places.
Really gutted, needed AAA to get into Oxford, but got A*A*BB instead. And I worked out that I missed 2As by 1% and 0.5%.
Theconomist
that's the kind of degree that people were talking about.
All these media science,yada yada should stop wasting other people's places.

.... Eh?
Reply 12
Had heart set on SOAS but now have to go to Uni of Leicester :frown: if only i got A*AAB instead of A*ABB :frown: erghhhhhhhhh
applecrombie
Really gutted, needed AAA to get into Oxford, but got A*A*BB instead. And I worked out that I missed 2As by 1% and 0.5%.

Ah that does take the piss. Sorry to hear that
applecrombie

OUCH. That really sucks :frown: You'd've thought they'd be overjoyed to get someone with two A*s.. :s-smilie:
My prediction were ABB, really thought I'd got into Kings. Open track this morning with Congrats you've got in to Hertfordshire, ran to my mum crying :'( then go into school and see I have BCD. GUTTED.
I went from UCL TO QUEEN MARY :*(
didnt make the AAB that ucl wanted
only got ABC
I feel your pain :console:

care for some bisquits? :smile:
Yes, I was up since 7.30 refreshing track and it hadn't been updated so I went into school instead to get my results... got them and missed my grades by a mile and got BCD nowhere near the ABB they were asking for :frown: On my home from college I tried to log into track (its 2 o clock by now) and still NOTHING. At like 4 O clock track gets updated, and its unsuccessful. I've missed all the places in clearing, there are no half decent places left so I have a good cry and lock myself in my room, call my firm, e-mail them but no luck. Looks like im going to canterbury:emo:
Reply 19
deathbeforeimmortality
I'm gutted that I didn't get into Manchester and I really set my sights on that uni. Now I'll have to settle for Coventry =/

I was 20 UCAS point off my Firm... and now i have to settle for Coventry :/

Latest