The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Claireeeee
I was 20 UCAS point off my Firm... and now i have to settle for Coventry :/

Oh =/
That's difficult to deal with. Did you phone your firm?
Reply 21
went from Kings --> Queen Mary for Law

Apparently having AAAC isn't good enough for them =(

I don't even feel excited about uni anymore, I may take a gap year out.
Reply 22
Last year I got rejected from Warwick with 4A's (A-highest grade available) and yes that didn't meet their conditional offer thanks to a little thing called STEP. I was gutted but I didn't cry or anything. Things have turned out well though.
Reply 23
Anyone very near to their required grades should go for a remark, you are not going to go down a grade boundary but an extra 0.5/1.0/or 2% could make an enormous difference to your future. Make sure you go for an urgent remark, if it is found in your favour then you do not have to pay. You might miss the boat for this year, although not neccessarily but at least you might get a guaranteed place for next year at the Uni you wanted to get into.
Reply 24
Yep! I had Surrey as firm and they wanted BBB. I knew i'd missed the offer straight after my exams, expecting BCC at worst. I got CCC! And percentage-wise did better in history than in physics and maths, the subjects i need most for my intended course! I had taken a huge gamble by asking Pompey to reject me - just this Tuesday - but i'm glad I did bcoz i didn't wanna go there! I've got a clearing offer from Trent though for Physics, so i'm glad I gambled :smile:
I was set on going to St A's too
but i don't mind now
yesterday i was feeling a little 'meh'
but now, i feel SO GREAT to be going to Durham
Reply 26
Missed my medicine offer of AAA by 5 marks in my biology coursework which I was told was an A by my teacher but actually got a C! Going to Warwick for biomed instead , although it's an amazing uni I'm still pretty gutted my medicine plans are on hold :frown:

But I guess at least we have places loads of people from my sixth form are screwed cause there's nothing on clearing.
Reply 27
kratos90
Last year I got rejected from Warwick with 4A's (A-highest grade available) and yes that didn't meet their conditional offer thanks to a little thing called STEP. I was gutted but I didn't cry or anything. Things have turned out well though.

I had this this year, and I only missed out because the grade boundaries went up by so far, my mark would have got me in last year :frown: Will have to live with Birmingham.
Reply 28
Donor
I had this this year, and I only missed out because the grade boundaries went up by so far, my mark would have got me in last year :frown: Will have to live with Birmingham.

Ouch. Exactly the same as me, Birmingham was my insurance too. But I decided to change to Accounting and Finance at Lancaster. Birmingham is a great uni for maths too.
Reply 29
caton4law
went from Kings --> Queen Mary for Law

Apparently having AAAC isn't good enough for them =(

I don't even feel excited about uni anymore, I may take a gap year out.

And Warwick offered you AAAC?

I'd be gutted, Warwick is best of the 3 :|
i was declined my offers in july

but any who

i missed my business exam unit 4 so i got a D
but i got A's in media and sociology

basically 300 ucas points

but in clearing most were asking for 320 that pissed me off

to think i might have been able to get that
Reply 31
xSkyFire
Me, I was 1 UMS off my firm too... I've requested a remark but for now I'm not too excited about King's. I was set on UCL.

That's very unlucky. My story is to the contrary: 2 marks above.

You can find solace in the fact that Kings is still awesome and will always remain in ldn. can't you persuade UCL to act otherwise?
Reply 32
Smtn
And Warwick offered you AAAC?

I'd be gutted, Warwick is best of the 3 :|

While KCL, QMUL and Warwick are good law schools, I'd actually say that Warwick is the least respected of all three.
Reply 33
Sjd73
While KCL, QMUL and Warwick are good law schools, I'd actually say that Warwick is the least respected of all three.

With greater competition for law careers, a lot are turning to other paths e.g consultancy where institution brand will be a big factor.

But it was her choice I guess :x
i wish i'm going to my insurance, loughborough, dont like london
London school of economics was my firm, so I am a bit gutted yes :p:
... But I'm still a firm believer that everything happens for a reason :smile:
Reply 36
Smtn
With greater competition for law careers, a lot are turning to other paths e.g consultancy where institution brand will be a big factor.

But it was her choice I guess :x

True, but the biggest institution brand there is surely the UOL.

Anyway, you're completely right-there is no need to be concerned about going to any one of them. As it is, QMUL has an excellent law faculty and will enable a good student to make it into any career they wish. Good luck!
applecrombie
Really gutted, needed AAA to get into Oxford, but got A*A*BB instead. And I worked out that I missed 2As by 1% and 0.5%.

Get a priority remark?
applecrombie
Really gutted, needed AAA to get into Oxford, but got A*A*BB instead. And I worked out that I missed 2As by 1% and 0.5%.

Get remarks?
yep, i really wanted to go to manchester (not met) soo badly, i had both my mind & heart set on doing 4 yrs in manchester & doing a phd as well in either manchester (not met) , oxford, cambrigde, imperial
so i was frickin devastated when i went on to track & said my manchester (not met) appliaction was unsuccessful & i got into manchester met, i was about 25% happy that at least i got a place at uni but i really hated the way the course was set & how it relied on decision maths & so i'm likely to reject mmu & reapply next year & retake the a-levels (especially maths & further maths & definietely business studies 4)
i thought i would get CCC at minimum but i ended up with BCC, i was really disappointed
but the brightside for me is that i got an A in C4 but disappointed in my B's for C3 & FP3, C for FP1, D's in M2 & S1, E in S2 & an U in D1 (i'm honestly crap at decision maths & i really hate it)

Latest

Trending

Trending