The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm still waiting but only becuase i need to wait for the GCSE's to come out haha
THAT'S TUESDAY!
I really cant take it anymore
Reply 81
I've finally got a reply and I'm accepted in my firm :biggrin:
Don't worry everyone, have patience! (Easier said than done, but yeah!)
Yogity
I'm exactly the same. Firm was AAA and insurance was AAB and I got ABB :frown: My offers were 1 grade higher than the normal entry because I did resits after leaving school. I'm transferring course and have already done 2 of the 1st year modules included in both my firm and insurance choices. I'm thinking there may be some hope for me seeing as I have the grades they ordinarily ask for my insurance and transferable credit at QUB...that could maybe even add up to my firm? It's a long shot but we have to hope for something :smile: I submitted an enquiry form for another course in clearing at queens to be considered if I was rejected so all being well I should hopefully get sorted. Fingers crossed! What were your offers for? Mine were Accounting (firm) and Economics & Accounting (insurance) The enquiry I submitted was for Economics with Finance so I'm hoping against hope! :frown:

My firm was Environmental Planning with insurance being geography, rang them up there and they just said that I was still being considered for both and that hopefully it wouldn't be too long. They just seem to be taking the piss tbh. Are you just ringing the general admissions office or have you rang anyone else?
Masakei
Apparently so...I foresee another sleepless night for me...at least you met the grades for the other course...I didnt and i might not even have a place to go....good luck anyway...tell me if you have any movement in your track I am preparing to call them again...I really dont want to drag on into the weekend where I cant do anything

I called mine and it was just a minor issue about an extra subject that I had dropped. So now I have to send an email and wait for the b*tch to respond, before getting it sorted :rolleyes:

Me neither...this soap opera has to finish today! What were ur grades/uni? I'm sure u'll be fine. All those clearing spots are free right...or do they look for higher grades ? :unsure: Good luck to u too!
Reply 84
Yogity
QUB I'm guessing? I'm in the same boat...so frustrating! I missed my offer last year and they took 4days to reject me :frown: Re-applied and got an offer for a better course and missed the grades for it this year...sucks to be me. :frown: Apparently they wait and see how the places fill up with the students who met/exceeded their offer and then see who they can fit in if there's any places left. A lot of people wait to confirm their offer if they've applied down south with CAO because they won't find out till monday. So it's probable that we won't find out till then because the uni don't know how many places there are yet.
If it's not QUB...then sorry for the unnecessary info...:frown: Good luck! Hope you get your place! :smile:

It is QUB, so that was helpful :smile: The lady I chatted to earlier on the phone says that the admissions team will be working all through the weekend sorting other borderline applications like mine. She says I could hear anytime from now till monday.

I stopped into my school today and my teacher sent off for an accelerated remark on my human geography paper. I just need one more mark! Well, thats one UMS. Could very well be a fraction of a raw mark.

How often does track update, btw? Is it continually, as decisions are made, or at set times?
Reply 85
Finally my UCAS track updated and I got my firm choice.

"
The current status of your application is:

Congratulations! Your place at Liverpool John Moores University (L51) to study IT and Multimedia Computing (GG54) has been confirmed."

So if you have not heard anything get in contact with your University by phone and sort it out, good luck to everyone I hope its good news.
Reply 86
They are still trying to get through all the applicants and i can only wait till its my turn and i should get an message telling their decision, lets just hope its good news
Reply 87
cherryy09
It is QUB, so that was helpful :smile: The lady I chatted to earlier on the phone says that the admissions team will be working all through the weekend sorting other borderline applications like mine. She says I could hear anytime from now till monday.

I stopped into my school today and my teacher sent off for an accelerated remark on my human geography paper. I just need one more mark! Well, thats one UMS. Could very well be a fraction of a raw mark.

How often does track update, btw? Is it continually, as decisions are made, or at set times?

Good luck for your re-mark! :smile: I really hope it goes up that would be great! I think track does update continually and the qub site is updating at 9am and 2pm each day. It would be great to hear before monday! Do you think they'll update on a sunday though? Fingers crossed we both get in! :smile:

Emmanuel321
My firm was Environmental Planning with insurance being geography, rang them up there and they just said that I was still being considered for both and that hopefully it wouldn't be too long. They just seem to be taking the piss tbh. Are you just ringing the general admissions office or have you rang anyone else?

Yea I've been ringing admissions and I called in to the Student Guidance Centre as well (beside the qub book store in case you're interested in going in person) I emailed the head admissions tutor for my course too.
Last year when I missed there was a ucas day on the Monday after results I think, and some people seemed to get accepted when they were pleading their case there, although I wasn't one of them obviously :frown: Have you heard of anyone being rejected? I've only heard of people meeting their offer or "decision pending." I really think they are taking the piss too tbh :frown:
Reply 88
Yogity, if we both get our places (fingers crossed :smile:), I will PERSONALLY buy you a drink sometime during freshers week! We can celebrate!
Durham just phoned me to say... I have to wait until Monday afternoon. This is deeply annoying!
And I must have sounded extremely strange on the phone because the lady began her sentence "this is Durham University speaking, I am sorry to say..." and I almost had a heart attack.
Reply 90
Called them. They told me I would know by Monday at the latest. Great.
Reply 91
Well, I called up again. And they told me to call back before 6PM (its 5PM) now. It's looking like Monday it is.
Reply 92
You know, they told me they hadn't made a decision yet, because 'the admission tutor hadn't really been around this week'. Wtf?! It's Results Day, and the admission tutor is 'not around'??
Reply 93
Help please!

Uni said they would email me interview details right away and this was a few hours ago and I haven't got an email from them.

Shall I ring them to make sure??
Yogity
Good luck for your re-mark! :smile: I really hope it goes up that would be great! I think track does update continually and the qub site is updating at 9am and 2pm each day. It would be great to hear before monday! Do you think they'll update on a sunday though? Fingers crossed we both get in! :smile:

Yea I've been ringing admissions and I called in to the Student Guidance Centre as well (beside the qub book store in case you're interested in going in person) I emailed the head admissions tutor for my course too.
Last year when I missed there was a ucas day on the Monday after results I think, and some people seemed to get accepted when they were pleading their case there, although I wasn't one of them obviously :frown: Have you heard of anyone being rejected? I've only heard of people meeting their offer or "decision pending." I really think they are taking the piss too tbh :frown:

I think though if it was an easy rejection to make it would have changed to unsuccessful already, where as whilst they haven't decided it could be a good sign really. What did you say in your email? Do you think it will help any?
Reply 95
I have to wait till monday before i can find out anything about my application, gosh im soo annoyed.
I didn't get a place. Whey. This has been a rubbish day!
Hi, I just missed the grades for my firm choice but they have said that they haven't rejected me and have put me on a waiting list and will reply latest by Monday. My insurance have accepted me so i'm also in limbo so i'm just wondering if it's possible for the insurance to withdraw their offer if they see that nothing is happening and their offer hasn't been taken up?
Also is there a deadline this has to be sorted out by before all the offers are removed?:confused:
Reply 98
dustbunny3000
Hi, I just missed the grades for my firm choice but they have said that they haven't rejected me and have put me on a waiting list and will reply latest by Monday. My insurance have accepted me so i'm also in limbo so i'm just wondering if it's possible for the insurance to withdraw their offer if they see that nothing is happening and their offer hasn't been taken up?
Also is there a deadline this has to be sorted out by before all the offers are removed?:confused:

I'm in exactly the same situation :\..... I really hope the insurance doesn't do that though!
Reply 99
dustbunny3000

Same. I don't think your insurance can do that though, they have to take you if you don't get into your firm.
About the deadline, I don't know, but definitely not before 31 August.

Latest

Trending

Trending