The Student Room Group

How competitive are courses in Chemistry? How about Chemical Engineering?

Just wondering. :smile:
Reply 1
Anyone? bump.
Reply 2
Anyone?
They are not similar courses.

I imagine Chem Eng would be more competitive than Chemistry...
kayyyy_x
Anyone?

well chemical engineering is not that much of hard as compared to its step brothers electrical or aerospace:biggrin:
greenforce
well chemical engineering is not that much of hard as compared to its step brothers electrical or aerospace:biggrin:

Which is of course patent nonsense.
ChemistBoy
Which is of course patent nonsense.

elaborate
Breaking Bad taught me everything I know about Chemistry. I'm not suggesting you derive all your chemistry knowledge from this show or saying that it's a lot of knowledge; I'm just suggesting you watch it and aspire to become as bad-ass of a Chemist as the fictional Walter White.

Sorry for not being any use to the purpose of this thread.
Chemistry isn't overly in relation to other courses.
greenforce
elaborate

No, you elaborate. I'm not the one claiming electrical engineering is harder than chemical engineering.
Relative to to other courses, both are very uncompetitive subjects. Everyone's after Law/Medicine/Economics and a variety of humanities subjects thesedays, and STEM course places are prioritised by the government, so the STEM applicants have it better than most at the moment. ChemEng tends to be more competitive than Chemistry, but only marginally. Both of them had places from good unis in Clearing.

ChemistBoy
No, you elaborate. I'm not the one claiming electrical engineering is harder than chemical engineering.

This thread is about how "competitive" courses are, so I think that user you quoted was almost definitely talking about how hard it is to get into those courses, rather than how difficult doing the course is.
is chemistry a waste of time in comparison to the eng degrees

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending