The Student Room Group

So who's not going out tonight?

I got my A Levels and got into uni and I'm not even going out to celebrate :frown: All I'm doing is having a family meal, yay :s-smilie:

I got a few close friends, my best friend doesn't even do A Levels anymore so it's not like last year us both getting our results together. Another friend lives too far away to come out. Two of them are muslim so don't drink and don't wanna come out. Everyone else is making excuses.

I know there are loads of people from 6th form going out but I'm not close to any of them and don't know them well enough to go out on my own and join in with them like. I feel so pathetic now staying in, what am I gonna be like in uni?!
Reply 1
BabyGirl92
I got my A Levels and got into uni and I'm not even going out to celebrate :frown: All I'm doing is having a family meal, yay :s-smilie:

I got a few close friends, my best friend doesn't even do A Levels anymore so it's not like last year us both getting our results together. Another friend lives too far away to come out. Two of them are muslim so don't drink and don't wanna come out. Everyone else is making excuses.

I know there are loads of people from 6th form going out but I'm not close to any of them and don't know them well enough to go out on my own and join in with them like. I feel so pathetic now staying in, what am I gonna be like in uni?!

Are you feeling pathetic because you feel you should be going out, or because you actually want to go out? If it's the first option you can probably guess what I'm going to say...there is absolutely nothing wrong with staying in, it's only a night out of every other night that you can spend looking cool. If it's the second option, well I'm sorry, that's disappointing, but there'll be other times you can see your friends.

As for what you'll be like at uni, you'll be the same as everyone else - you'll go out some nights, stay in others, the fear about "looking pathetic" fades quickly, and you'll realise how much you miss those family meals that you turned your nose up not so long ago! Have a good night.
Reply 2
derp
Are you feeling pathetic because you feel you should be going out, or because you actually want to go out? If it's the first option you can probably guess what I'm going to say...there is absolutely nothing wrong with staying in, it's only a night out of every other night that you can spend looking cool. If it's the second option, well I'm sorry, that's disappointing, but there'll be other times you can see your friends.

As for what you'll be like at uni, you'll be the same as everyone else - you'll go out some nights, stay in others, the fear about "looking pathetic" fades quickly, and you'll realise how much you miss those family meals that you turned your nose up not so long ago! Have a good night.

I really wanted to go out if I got into uni. But now I don't feel like going out at all. Because none of my friends really planned anything so I wasn't excited. Now I feel all stupid like I sat in the house I feel like I should be out enjoying myself. But I have work in the morning and stuff so I'm not in the mood lol. Everyone on my facebook is 'getting smashed' with their mates then going out later. I'm not interested in 'getting smashed' but wanna see my mates!

Latest

Trending

Trending