The Student Room Group

Please help urgently advice on Bio Med / Med

In desperate need of some Uni advice! Please it's urgent

I really need some advice, and would LOVE to get some replies!

I didn't apply for Uni this year, planning to take a gap year and apply to Uni with my A2 results,

I always wanted to do Medicine, bu I got really bad grades, for A2

I got ABC

So I'm thinking of doing Bio Medical sciences instead, but even then they ask for ABB
So I want to apply, but saying I will retake my C to make it a B....Im 2 marks off!

Ive called Kings, and Queen Mary's and Durham and asked if they will accept a resit applicant and they've said yes

The only thing is I'm kinda really upset I can't do medicine, and even if I do Bio Med, I want to do Post Grad Medicine afterwards!

But I was wondering is there ANY chance, I can apply for Medicine, by saying I want to resit my B and C and get it to A's......or is that Stupid and unrealistic?!

The thing is I'm really annoyed I'm taking a gap year to do Bio Med, when I dont want to even do it in the firt place!.

PLEASE give some advice or opinions!

Is Bio Med an intersting course, is it very difficult? Also which subject did you have to apply more to it Biology or Chemistry?
Reply 1
Trina_DMG
In desperate need of some Uni advice! Please it's urgent

I really need some advice, and would LOVE to get some replies!

I didn't apply for Uni this year, planning to take a gap year and apply to Uni with my A2 results,

I always wanted to do Medicine, bu I got really bad grades, for A2

I got ABC

So I'm thinking of doing Bio Medical sciences instead, but even then they ask for ABB
So I want to apply, but saying I will retake my C to make it a B....Im 2 marks off!

Ive called Kings, and Queen Mary's and Durham and asked if they will accept a resit applicant and they've said yes

The only thing is I'm kinda really upset I can't do medicine, and even if I do Bio Med, I want to do Post Grad Medicine afterwards!

But I was wondering is there ANY chance, I can apply for Medicine, by saying I want to resit my B and C and get it to A's......or is that Stupid and unrealistic?!

The thing is I'm really annoyed I'm taking a gap year to do Bio Med, when I dont want to even do it in the firt place!.

PLEASE give some advice or opinions!

Is Bio Med an intersting course, is it very difficult? Also which subject did you have to apply more to it Biology or Chemistry?

As far as medicine is concerned, there are medical schools that accept students who've resat subjects. More information can be found here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies

Latest

Trending

Trending