The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Triple Accredited Warwick Business School Freshers 2010 Thread

Why just be official when you can be Triple Accredited? :P

There must be some WBS freshers on here right, I mean us business lot are a quarter of the student body!!! It'd be good to get to know some of y'all before we all become cogs in the corporate machine at Warwick PLC.

Feel free to post anything you like and if you didn't know here's the site for the WBS Society which I recommend reading up on now to see what's on offer, and joining when you start.

ps. If you're from London holla at me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm a Computer Science & Business Studies person, so I must at least semi count. I'll at least be half cool.

Right?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I'm WBS fresher :smile: might aswell get to know eachother seeing as we're probably be seeing eachother in lectures! I'm doing accounting and finance :smile: Where's everyone from?

Quote/message me :smile:
Reply 3
pink12
I'm WBS fresher :smile: might aswell get to know eachother seeing as we're probably be seeing eachother in lectures! I'm doing accounting and finance :smile: Where's everyone from?

There's at least 3 of us then! :redface:

Aylesbury/Bucks, it's not the most exciting of places.
Reply 4
Wahay 3 people in the business school :L I'm from Reading, pretty good I guess!! What accomodation you applied for?
Reply 5
mituozo
There's at least 3 of us then! :redface:

Aylesbury/Bucks, it's not the most exciting of places.

Ooops meant to quote you! Look up :smile:
Reply 6
pink12
Wahay 3 people in the business school :L I'm from Reading, pretty good I guess!! What accomodation you applied for?

Hoping for Rootes.. I can't remember beyond that to be honest, lol. What about you?
Reply 7
Hola fellow classmates.
Reply 8
Hey everyone!!! Im gonna apply for tosil!
Reply 9
mituozo
Hoping for Rootes.. I can't remember beyond that to be honest, lol. What about you?

Cool, I applied there too! And Heronbank, Tocil, Cryfield and Westwood. Really want to know where I'm going to be! Any idea when we find out?
welcome to Warwick guys, just make sure you know who the real Kings of this Uni are - Economics & Maths departments ;-)

btw in case any 2nd/3rd years are lurking here - what are the opinions on the following module (in terms of how interesting/boring/mathsy/hard they are):

Project Management
Managing Organizations
Entreprenuership & Small Business
International Business Strategy

im thinking of swapping the first 2 (which im not super keen on) to:

Principles of Finance 1 & 2

and maaaaaaaaybe swapping the 2nd two (which id actually really enjoy imo) for Intro to Acc & Fin (only if it helps me with masters....)

asked some friends and was told that Intro to Acc&Fin is crap by 2 ppl (but apparently WBS students do different ones slightly from non WBS) and that Managing Orgz is boring...

+ rep & kudos for helpful replies.
Reply 11
pink12
Cool, I applied there too! And Heronbank, Tocil, Cryfield and Westwood. Really want to know where I'm going to be! Any idea when we find out?

Apparently we find out late August/September, basically any time after results. They could've been a bit more helpful than that :p:
mituozo
Apparently we find out late August/September, basically any time after results. They could've been a bit more helpful than that :p:

Last year they sent emails on the 8th of Sept.
Reply 13
TheTallOne
Last year they sent emails on the 8th of Sept.

Do you have to respond within a certain number of days? I'm on holiday from 5th -> 12th.
mituozo
Do you have to respond within a certain number of days? I'm on holiday from 5th -> 12th.

We were given 12 days last year.

Perhaps email [email protected] and notify them/ask them just to be certain.
Reply 15
TheTallOne
We were given 12 days last year.

Perhaps email [email protected] and notify them/ask them just to be certain.

Ah should be fine then. I might give that a shot.
pink12

A&F for me as well :smile:
I'm from Kensington, London.:rolleyes:
Reply 17
london. a&f
Reply 18
mituozo

Ooo that feels like ages! I want to find out who I'm going to be living with :tongue: but I'm just glad I'm in tbh, so guess I can't complain too much :smile:
Reply 19
thepianist
A&F for me as well :smile:
I'm from Kensington, London.:rolleyes:

Awesome, same course! London niceeee :smile: What accomodation you applied for?

Latest