The Student Room Group

Essay on Enzymes

I have to produce a fairly meaty essay on enzymes. As far as content goes, I've thought of; enzyme-catalysed reations, catabolism, anamolism, metabolism, optimum pH and optimum temp effects on enzyme "efficiency"; denaturing of enzymes, functions of enzymes dependent on structure - and that's about it! I'm as good as stuck on what else to include. I'm open to any relevent ideas! Cheers.
Reply 1
You could include how enzymes are produced in the body; transcription, translation etc...
Reply 2
Jalapeno
I have to produce a fairly meaty essay on enzymes. As far as content goes, I've thought of; enzyme-catalysed reations, catabolism, anamolism, metabolism, optimum pH and optimum temp effects on enzyme "efficiency"; denaturing of enzymes, functions of enzymes dependent on structure - and that's about it! I'm as good as stuck on what else to include. I'm open to any relevent ideas! Cheers.

. . . inhibitors (all the different kinds) how they work etc. . . also talk about what an enzyme is in basic terms i.e. a protein whose tertiary structure is important but genereally globular, you might want to include some specific examples as well?! Dunno lol hope that helps you.
Reply 3
This should be enough, thanks alot!

Latest

Trending

Trending