The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Chemistry is hard, it has lots of things that you need to memorize.

And not business studies either, despite the fact that this is a 'soft' subject. The mark scheme is quite strict, I imagine, and it is difficult to see if you have made your point or not. Got a B here.
Reply 21
lmfao
Doss subjects such as business. But you must fulfil all the personal goals, as stated heretofore by others, or it really doesn't matter which course it taken.

It really isn't though.

It's easy to pass, that's why there are so many Business passes at A-Level, but to get the top grades you've got to stick to the answer method like mad, and know a ridiculous amount of information :woo:
pagrant
......... quote me

Critical thinking, unless you're a dimwit
Reply 23
General Studies is easy peasy... we did the AS in 3 lessons a fortnight, and i got a B - (an A in one paper, and a C in the other)
Its just general knowledge, rambling, and common sense.
pagrant
......... quote me

I spend hours (unfortunately) on my art, but I would probably say art.
speedbird
Critical thinking, unless you're a dimwit

I got a U in my first module for that!
I was predicted an A
But I'm just about to go into year eleven.
Reply 26
Probably stuff like media studies, psychology and, sociology or RE. They're generally regarded as 'soft subjects'
Reply 27
pagrant
......... quote me

I got an A/B in all of my AS subjects which were:
Business studies
Human Biology
Media Studies
Philosophy
History
Environmental studies

Is there anything you have a particular flair for? Like my science subjects were typically higher than my humanities - look at your GCSE results, what there seemed easy to you (where you still got a good mark?

you haven't said whether you're a 1st or 2nd year...if you're a first year you should think about these in the long run in terms of A2 but if you're already and A2 and looking for a doss, I would recommend environmental studies, although at least half the class still managed to get Ds *facepalm*
Media studies seems to have the lowest amount of failure, I think. Wouldn't advise doing this if you're not creative though; we had to do practical coursework and I'd assume tht other exam boards probably do as well. Helps to be good at english, too. Remember in GCSE english when looking at poems etc you have to look for hidden meanings and things like that? Media studies is essentially that. Except more fun, because you analyse a wider range of stuff.
Reply 28
Booom
It really isn't though.

It's easy to pass, that's why there are so many Business passes at A-Level, but to get the top grades you've got to stick to the answer method like mad, and know a ridiculous amount of information :woo:

Got an A* yday but i guess you are half right. The method is essential. But to know lots is not required at all. I really didn't know that much.

I don't want to sound smug but most students taking core subjects could find business studies relatively simple to assimilate.
Reply 29
Maths, if you are mathematical you can do extremely well in it.

Latest