Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Both. :h:
laptop :smile: despite hating the stupid continuously overheating thing
Reply 23
cyborg
Thinking about it desktop+netbook seems like a good idea - you can just use dropbox to sync files across and use the netbook over wi-fi around campus :yep:

Never heard of this before but googled it and it looks good! :woo:
Reply 24
Laptop, not sure what to do with my desktop. My laptop is a convertible tablet pc so I got it with the intention of taking notes, but now I think I'll leave it back in my room and just use good old pen and paper for lecture notes
Reply 25
HotCoco.
Never heard of this before but googled it and it looks good! :woo:

:yep: It's really good - there is even support for phones as well.
Personally I'm taking my laptop. Envisage my setup:

A nice little Acer laptop, 1.6gHz dual core processor with 2 gigs of RAM - I can carry around it and make notes on it if I wish. But in my room I have it set up like a desktop - to my 27" monitor/TV, with a keyboard, mouse and external HDD. The internal is 160GB but I've just run out of space on it. And no, I'm not using it for gaming, hence the specs.
Reply 27
Laptop. I know I could probably have got a better spec desktop for less but I like having a laptop at home so I can move it around the house rather than stay in my room. Therefore it's what I'll have to use when I go to uni, even if I don't move it around as much.
Reply 28
laptop :smile: my desktop is far to big and heavy to lug to uni...
Reply 29
My laptop needed replacing anyway and so I agonised over it but decided on a laptop so I can bring it home on the train to work on stuff over Christmas. I'm waiting for my MacBook that I ordered yesterday and it's a little smaller than I'm used to and so I'm gonna see how it goes and then think about getting a mouse/keyboard combo for use in my room...
Laptop, cause it's the one I have now at home!
i guess most the international and eu students would bring in their laptops,
which i will also be doing.
Reply 32
My two year old laptop. Don't think I'll be taking it around campus though, as the battery only lasts for about 30mins! :P
Seeing as I have a laptop, it'll be a laptop I'm taking =]
Reply 34
I'm taking a laptop because it new & just awesome:biggrin: .

Is anyone taking their printer as well?

I was thinking it may be a good idea since it will save money & would be less hassle to print stuff out yourself. What do you guys think?
Reply 36
I'm taking my desktop and my soon to be bought macbook along. With any luck it won't be overkill.
Reply 37
Desktop. Love my music too much and I don't see the point in having an external harddrive on a laptop (in case anyone was suggesting it). A glorious 1.5TB with Q6600, GTX260 Black Edition and 4 Gigs of RAM with win 7 should do it. Plus I'm taking up my 32" LG and my small 17" for dual screening like home.

I completely understand people taking laptops though lol I'll just need to stick with pen and paper.
lol this is starting to turn into a spec. showdown! GTX 285m SLI wins!

Good point about the printer- do any current students have advice? I have a big laser printer which has gotten me through my A-levels (past papers!) but since I just wanna bring a couple of laptops, this is pretty much a double in tech stuff. Would be heavy.

Tell us about tech insurance. I plan on taking 2 laptops; is there a standard insurance package or can the cover and cost vary?
Reply 39
Depends on how big the discounts I've been accepted for are.

Latest

Trending

Trending