Business Studies
Sociology

Sub Combo 3:
Economics
Business Studies
Sociology
English AS (General)

Additional Information:
- 7 A's in O Levels, with A* in Economics, Business Studies, Sociology and English Language.
-B grade in Accounts and Maths.
-If I take Accounts I know I'll have to work really hard and I'll try to pull it off.
-I may opt for a degree in Business Administration but I am really passionate about Government/ Political Sciences and the Foreign Office.
-I want to keep my options open so I'd be able to choose from either of the two fields when I get into university.
Reply 1
ar33ka
-I may opt for a degree in Business Administration but I am really passionate about Government/ Political Sciences and the Foreign Office.
-I want to keep my options open so I'd be able to choose from either of the two fields when I get into university.

Then I would suggest

Maths, (History), Economics, Politics, A Foreign Language (French if you are already fluent in English)

If you don't want to you don't HAVE to take AS English (General) [whatever that is] if your other A-Levels are examined in English. IELTS will be enough. (I assume here that you are not from the UK and want to go to university in the UK.)

You don't need A-Level Accounting even to become an accountant, and it doesn't provide any particular skills for any other discipline, so I would not take it unless you really love it...

I would advise against taking BOTH A-Level Economics AND Business Studies to A2 if you want to aim for a top university/business school in the UK. Because of significant overlap between the subjects many good universities will not accept the two as three of your A2s. However if you really want to take both you could take one to A2 and drop the other after AS, or take both to A2 but as a combination of four A2 subjects, where the other two should be respected subjects (i.e., not Sociology or Accounting; not that I personally have anything against either).

It also depends what unis you would like to aim for. LSE will be much more snobbish about subject combinations than City. Also see here:
scroll down to Subject combinations and non-preferred subjects .

Latest