The Student Room Group
They have entry requirements for clearing courses. This may be a grade or two grades or even three grades lower than the actual general entry requirements.

If you did an A level a year early I don't think it would make a difference. If you resat, did better, then that grade would replace that A level grade.
York lowered their physics minimum grade requirements from ABB (my offer - was insurance) to BCC (that's what it said on their website a couple of nights ago, anyway). I've seen other universities that refuse to shift an inch. I assume it depends on how many places they have.

If you've taken an A level a year early, it does count towards your offer, unless otherwise stated.
Reply 3
Most clearing spots (or at least the ones I phoned) did it on UCAS points to see if you can get in, it seems a bit more lenient cos you can have a mixed bag of grades but have quite a few points :smile:
Reply 4
well i looked on ucas and saw uni of essex in clearing for law :O and the only grades i could find were AAB, didnt specify any other grades, even then i had to look about for it!

also i dont supose if any of you know.. if ur holding an offer for your firm already.. can you still see if you can get an offer at another uni in clearing BEFORE being released? just incase? (if you no longer wanted to go to your firm)
All the unis outside the top 6 are in clearing for internationals. I got BBB...is it worth phoning up unis with AAB courses ? Something tells me this is diff, cuz my firm's offer was ABB and they can only offer me another subject right now.
Reply 6
The_Timepasser
All the unis outside the top 6 are in clearing for internationals. I got BBB...is it worth phoning up unis with AAB courses ? Something tells me this is diff, cuz my firm's offer was ABB and they can only offer me another subject right now.

can only offer u another subject? :/ what uni is that for? i wanted to try and get in a better uni but looks like i wont lol!
not worth phonin up then if i didnt get AAB you reckon and jus stick to my firm?
superstarxox
can only offer u another subject? :/ what uni is that for? i wanted to try and get in a better uni but looks like i wont lol!
not worth phonin up then if i didnt get AAB you reckon and jus stick to my firm?

What course are u looking for? It all depends on that...I'm doing Computer Sc and Management. And I'd like to know the same thing!...Also note that the situation could be diff for u if you're a home student.
Reply 8
Yeah im a home student! looking for LAW so its tough as its a competitive subject but im hearing its better for non home students at the min!
what uni did u apply to?
superstarxox
Yeah im a home student! looking for LAW so its tough as its a competitive subject but im hearing its better for non home students at the min!
what uni did u apply to?

Gonna be hard then...and its more than better I think! I'm not sure if they would accept us with the typical entry grades...just sounds too good to be true...King's College has a few vacancies for CS...People should I try calling them ? :eek: :woo: :p: lol I got BBB...a grade below their offer.

And I applied to Nottingham
Reply 10
did you get into your insurance? try and fone them and see what they say! you never know! one uni ive looked at has a clearing form online.. maybe you could do that?
I have no idea what to do wether to just stay with my firm or what.. looks like i will to be honest, b'cause you'll have to think of accomdation aswell.. as some places in clearing havent got any left etc etc
Nottingham uni or notttingham trent? i wished i applied there! :smile:
Well I got rejected from my insurance Manchester cuz I never sent my grades to them :rolleyes: Actually I barely got an offer frm them and that was also for a diff course, so I had no hope. I dont like any of their courses with 3 Bs...and I think I should get into my firm touch wood.

Dunno about any forms...I thought u just had to call them?

I think a gap year would be a lot better if you're going for Law...u could resit some units and try and get AAA/AAB ? Cuz while some unis might not like them, ur bound to find a top one which will take u.

Nottingham uni :smile:
Reply 12
Since Dentistry is on clearing, shouldn't it be reasonable for medicine and law to be on as well?
Reply 13
Yeah law is on clearing, i no law is available at salford, sussex, staffordshire etc etc quite a few places left to be honest.. although on ucas some places are on there but when looked at their site say that there is no longer places!

Latest

Trending

Trending