The Student Room Group

Advise, Help needed on A Level Results x

I got D in maths D in chemistry and an E in physics and the ucas points total comes to a measly 160 points which added with an as general studies D comes to 190 points. I needed 240 points for university and feel let down by the educational system as nowadays all they go on is the amount of a levels studied (ie points) and not the subjects. I don't mean to offend anyone taking these subjects - drama, psychology, media studies but they are no where near as challenging as chemistry and maths for example which require alot of brain power. I know im not a top student but i put a lot of effort in these past 2 years to get passes in these challenging subjects and even my teachers say a grade D in chemistry is equivalent to a grade C or B in a easier subject.

My basic question is are there any easy subjects i can take up to sit an exam in january just to rack up some points? I am going to take A2 General studies and resit a maths module to hopefully gain a C grade. Is extended project counted as an a level - does it have ucas points?

Thanks for your time.
x

Latest