The Student Room Group

Helppp! :S

I dont really know how to use this.. but I thought I'd give it a try.
Yesterday I found out that my AS results were pretty crap, I got UUD :/ I must admit that I didn't revise or anything.. but I've been given the option to go to go on a course called...
'Children's Care, Learning and Development-Level 3 BTEC National Cert/Diploma'
It means I'll be behind to go to uni by one year, as when my friends will go in 2011 :/ I feel like an idiot if I go onto it.. because all my friends are doing A levels? Plus I dont really want to be on a course with a load of chavvy girls. I also heard that you cannot do 3 years to take your A levels..

So im just asking for some help and advice? Like where to go and what not.. It'd be very helpful for your advice :biggrin:
x
Reply 1
Thank you, thing is..
The course is kind of irrelevant. I do not want to do History or Geography, which i both of U's in..
I'd love the chance to restart my as! :P
Thank you anyway <3
Reply 2
Jawjee
I dont really know how to use this.. but I thought I'd give it a try.
Yesterday I found out that my AS results were pretty crap, I got UUD :/ I must admit that I didn't revise or anything.. but I've been given the option to go to go on a course called...
'Children's Care, Learning and Development-Level 3 BTEC National Cert/Diploma'
It means I'll be behind to go to uni by one year, as when my friends will go in 2011 :/ I feel like an idiot if I go onto it.. because all my friends are doing A levels? Plus I dont really want to be on a course with a load of chavvy girls. I also heard that you cannot do 3 years to take your A levels..

So im just asking for some help and advice? Like where to go and what not.. It'd be very helpful for your advice :biggrin:
x

reatake a levels or get an apprenticeship or job or join the army or raf. Dont do the childrens care course if you arent interested in working in a nursery and wasting a year getting an irrelavent qualification. hope this helps
Reply 3
Jawjee
Thank you, thing is..
The course is kind of irrelevant. I do not want to do History or Geography, which i both of U's in..
I'd love the chance to restart my as! :P
Thank you anyway <3

Restart your AS then?
Reply 4
Just retake the year, choose different subjects maybe or work on the ones you have. Speak to your college, they can organise it.

You and your friends will end up in different places anyway, forget about it, it really doesn't matter. Everyone will make new friends at uni.
Reply 5
Maybe changing college and starting fresh would be a better idea than starting again at the college you are at.
Reply 6
Do you actually want to work with children? What are you aiming for?
Reply 7
I want to a be primary school teacher, i'd need.. 260 - 300 ucas points to get into northampton uni..
I dont really see it as possible :frown:

Latest