Visit website
Reply 1
Cricket.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Ive been up a few times playing squash, however i wouldnt mind learning to play basketball as well. I enjoy playing it but just arent very good, so i would like to get better if i had the chance.
Reply 3
i love bastketball by far the best sport,
Reply 4
im gonna see if they have a DH mountain biking society and swimming and possibly rugby if my shoulder heals
i joined the sports centre and got one of those premier passes, i'll be probably just using the gym n swimming pool to keep fit and keep all them pints of beers at bay and away from my (not yet existent) beer belly!

if i get a bit fitter i may start doing some athletics or football (in goal) , although its been a while since ive been infront of a net :redface:

<<Lew>>
Reply 6
The good thing about Lancaster is that you not only have the university teams but also college teams which play against each other in lots of sports eg football, netball, darts and pool.

Oh and the Roses (sports event with York Uni) held in the summer term is always great. I think it is back in Lancaster this year :smile:
Reply 7
LittleMiss
The good thing about Lancaster is that you not only have the university teams but also college teams which play against each other in lots of sports eg football, netball, darts and pool.

Oh and the Roses (sports event with York Uni) held in the summer term is always great. I think it is back in Lancaster this year :smile:

Sounds good to me!

I just hope I can find a society that includes Long distance running. Otherwise i'll be running 'round Lancaster and the Lakes on my own!
Reply 8
The sports centre is meant to be rubbish, according to my sister.
The sport centre was the only thing that let Lancaster down for me when I went to the open day. It needs modernising.
if its got a gym then im happy haha

<<Lew>>
I've seen it and no it's hardly a health spa but it's cheap and has the basics. If you don't like it then you can always join a private gym if you wanna fork out the cash.
Reply 12
yeh ive seen it and it could do with a bit of modernisation, however if you are a gym nut and it just wont do, then theres about 5 gyms near by that u can go to. however prices (even for students aint cheap!) i was at a gym called VVV and the price for me was about £40 a month!!!!! :mad:
There are other gyms around..one is located near sainsburys but its is expensive.
LittleMiss
There are other gyms around..one is located near sainsburys but its is expensive.

There's a Total Fitness not far from there but membership is at least £30 per month for student I believe. Then you've got the hassle of getting there etc. I think for most people the Uni gym will be OK but i'm gonna see how it does and not sign up for the year till i'm sure.

In Wakefield i'm at Greens which is a great gym so it's gonna be a bit of a come down at the Uni one - but that's part of the student life - economising!