The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Bonged.
question to tsr - does wearing jeans, biker boots and death metal shirts make you a goth?

No it doesn't, but which death metal shirts are these?:teehee:
Manitude
Coldworld aren't a bad place to start. Although I'd say the most trve dsbm is by bands you can't pronounce the name of.

I personally think this video has some really good samples on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDOQU6Eq0as

I'll agree with ColdWorld definitely.

And I think you just introduced me to a whole load more bands that I was unaware of. It's such a deep genre.
Shall rep you tomorrow, my good sir.
I am a goth.

I AM. I'VE BEEN TO SLIMELIGHT.
Reply 63
Drunk Punx
That's the Norweigan Shining. Swedish Shining is completely different.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWyBw-mtf3w :yy:

Lol yeah just a bit. Interesting stuff. All the suicidal **** seems a bit bs to me but if the riffs are there who am i to complain?

Also - GORGUTS RULES! \m/

ahem...
Reply 64
Drunk Punx
I'll agree with ColdWorld definitely.

And I think you just introduced me to a whole load more bands that I was unaware of. It's such a deep genre.
Shall rep you tomorrow, my good sir.

My thanks, kind sir. :smile:
I find compliation videos are a great way of finding obscure bm bands.

I've found a fair few "english bm bands" like Fen through YT compliation videos.

Speaking of which, if you don't know them, check Fen out.
yes, they're dying out
Manitude
My thanks, kind sir. :smile:
I find compliation videos are a great way of finding obscure bm bands.

I've found a fair few "english bm bands" like Fen through YT compliation videos.

Speaking of which, if you don't know them, check Fen out.

Fen found me through Myspace a few years ago. Seen them live. :wink:
Well, I say that... I heard them live through the walls of the Purple Turtle while we were in queue waiting to get in at The Vision Bleak/Alcest/Fjoergyn/Fen gig in May.
Proper gutted that I missed them. :sad:

I'll have to flick through all the compilation videos at some point when I have more time on my hands, could really do with finding some new bands.
The old ones don't get boring, but it's always nice to have some fresh meat... :sexface:
Reply 67
Linweth
No it doesn't, but which death metal shirts are these?:teehee:

well mostly death. decapitated, suffocation, necrophagist, atheist.

bit of black and doom as well, enslaved, emperor, altar of plagues on the black side and candlemass, electric wizard and a totally kick ass sleep shirt on the stoner side.

Im so proud of my sleep shirt:cool: :
Bonged.
Lol yeah just a bit. Interesting stuff. All the suicidal **** seems a bit bs to me but if the riffs are there who am i to complain?

Also - GORGUTS RULES! \m/

ahem...

Hadn't listened to Gorguts for a while so I thought I'd have a quick play through this evening.

Have you ever listened to Lykathea Aflame?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eimRwSbq2bk
Reply 69
Not particularly, just in the seemingly stupid culture we're in now, anyone who thinks they have half a brain straight way gets a superiority complex and feels the need to display their betterness in their clothes, music etc. * Ie. most of the population now.

Just my 50 cents that they don't look like goths anymore.

* I don't think I'm better than people, I think I am God, there is a difference.
Reply 70
Drunk Punx
Well, I say that... I heard them live through the walls of the Purple Turtle while we were in queue waiting to get in at The Vision Bleak/Alcest/Fjoergyn/Fen gig in May.

I'll have to flick through all the compilation videos at some point when I have more time on my hands, could really do with finding some new bands.
The old ones don't get boring, but it's always nice to have some fresh meat... :sexface:

We've had this conversation before but I wasn't sure if you were the same person :lol:
You may also like Winterfylleth.
Drunk Punx

Whereas I've seen them several times, as I'm superior.

Wounded Kings, Grave Miasma, my mates band and some other chaps on the 22nd. ;ooo
Bonged.
well mostly death. decapitated, suffocation, necrophagist, atheist.

bit of black and doom as well, enslaved, emperor, altar of plagues on the black side and candlemass, electric wizard and a totally kick ass sleep shirt on the stoner side.

Im so proud of my sleep shirt:cool: :

YOU HAVE AN ALTAR OF PLAGUES SHIRT?!? :fight:
I want. :sad:
Manitude
We've had this conversation before but I wasn't sure if you were the same person :lol:
You may also like Winterfylleth.

I've heard Winterfylleth's first offering, but not their latest. Should probably get it at some point, I hear that it's better than The Ghost Of Heritage.
Reply 74
Goths has evolved into Emo's

Evolution

lul
Reply 75
Drunk Punx
YOU HAVE AN ALTAR OF PLAGUES SHIRT?!? :fight:
I want. :sad:

bought at roadburn :p:

seeing as this thread is essentially hijacked now and is the new metal society, did anyone go to roadburn this year?
concubine
Whereas I've seen them several times, as I'm superior.

Wounded Kings, Grave Miasma, my mates band and some other chaps on the 22nd. ;ooo

Oh shush, you. :catfight:

I'd have loved to catch them live. Still, I'm sure they'll come about soon.

Whereabouts is the gig on the 22nd? Purple Turtle?
Reply 77
Drunk Punx
I've heard Winterfylleth's first offering, but not their latest. Should probably get it at some point, I hear that it's better than The Ghost Of Heritage.

I've not heard Ghost of Heritage all the way through but there are some cracking songs on it.

I prefer the title song before they made the vocals much more bassy though...suited my personal vocal style more.
they've all turned into moths
tigermoth99
they've all turned into moths

Don't even joke about that... *shudder*

Latest

Trending

Trending