The Student Room Group

help!

hi, basically i got 2A* 7A and 1B at gcse and just got BBCE at AS but I have AAB A2 predictions. Based on what I have what is the best route for me regarding which unis to apply to to do a french with law degree? Or any interesting french degree for that matter, any constructive dvice owuld be great, thanks
Reply 1
manchester!
mforbes1
hi, basically i got 2A* 7A and 1B at gcse and just got BBCE at AS but I have AAB A2 predictions. Based on what I have what is the best route for me regarding which unis to apply to to do a french with law degree? Or any interesting french degree for that matter, any constructive dvice owuld be great, thanks

Hi, welcome to TSR :smile:

I would say go for two high unis, two middle and one low, because even though you may well end up with AAB, with your AS results it's going to be more difficult to bring them up to those grades (unless the Bs and C are very high) than if you were already riding on two As and a B. There's always (unfortunately) the risk that you might have a bad year, or fluff up one exam or something and won't meet the grades - I don't want to discourage you, but with the fierce competition nowadays it's always good to have a back up. Your GCSEs are good though, so that will give you some clout in the selection process.

French with Law sounds very interesting, and if you get perhaps some work experience at a law court under your belt it could definitely bolster your application!

Latest

Trending

Trending