The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Downs Hall - The Lawns

Scroll to see replies

J1M1
DOWNSB24A...other than being in the Downs hall, what does this mean guys?? Which floor? Mixed or single sex?...any details you know...Please :smile:

Top floor.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 21
Metrobeans
Top floor.

Thanks!!! :smile: Is that a good thing??
Yeah. There's usually less noise on the top floor, you can't hear people jumping / ******* above you but the downside is lugging your stuff up the flights of stairs is a little annoying. I was in Room 22 (different block though) and I quite enjoyed my room.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
Metrobeans
Yeah. There's usually less noise on the top floor, you can't hear people jumping / ******* above you but the downside is lugging your stuff up the flights of stairs is a little annoying. I was in Room 22 (different block though) and I quite enjoyed my room.

Thank you Very Much :smile:
Reply 24
C Block Massiiiiiiiiiiive :d
DOWNSB22A here~
Reply 26
C block 18 A righttttt here :smile:
I have to move in on my birthday, such fun :banana: I'll be in C11, what floor's that on?
Reply 28
Just got my accommodation address and I would be in DOWNSB26A. I'm still confused on what that means.
Reply 29
That means you're in downs hall block B room 26A
Reply 30
Original post by HK1995
That means you're in downs hall block B room 26A

Ohh. I see. Thanks.
Original post by Jigijay
Just got my accommodation address and I would be in DOWNSB26A. I'm still confused on what that means.

Hey am DOWNSB24A - does that mean I'm next door but 1?
Original post by Noseybonk94
Hey am DOWNSB24A - does that mean I'm next door but 1?

More or less, you'll be across the landing from them, I think room 24 is the one hidden away by the bathroom on the top floor of block B. (I was in room 22 in Downs B last year).

The shower you've got in the bathroom next to you albeit not the newest is amazing as it's really big and powerful. Though it tends to get blocked up with hairs and start to flood once a term but if you report it when it starts to, they'll come and sort it out.

I should point out that the A in the room you're in doesn't mean anything. It's there as if two people were sharing a room, one would get 24A and the other 24B but as these are all one person rooms, that does not matter at all.
I'm in Downs Block B 13A :^_^: is anyone close?
Reply 34
I'm so confused it says mine is DOWNSSF5A?! Help anyone??:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maisieb
I'm so confused it says mine is DOWNSSF5A?! Help anyone??:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to split it up to DOWNS SF 5A.

Downs means that you're in Downs Hall which is nearer the back of the Lawns.

SF, I'm not certain but I'm guessing that means you're in a Student Flat.

Finally, 5A is your room number. (The A doesn't really mean anything as that only applies to shared rooms and I don't think any of the rooms in Downs Hall are shared.)
Reply 36
I ring hull it means south flat or something but its still attached to downs hall :smile: there's just 2 flats instead of in a block I'm not too sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Reply 38
Original post by Jenzo117
I cant believe I did it but I got accepted to Hull! I will be living in Downs Halls so I just wondered who else was? Get to know some people beforehand :smile:

I was also wondering if anyone knew if my room was on the bottom floor, top floor etc? 5A I think :smile:

Ooh I think I'm in Downs Hall. Block D
Original post by Kamen
Ooh I think I'm in Downs Hall. Block D

I'm in downs hall too, staying in block e

Quick Reply

Latest