The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I think we might all successfully abolish the 'unsociable' stereotype for Imperial students come October!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
How interesting, I think I'm the polar opposite of everyone on this thread. If I do get into Imperial, the first thing I'd be looking forward to is meeting the unsociable geeks of Imperial (Oh unsociable geeks :love:). Geeks are such interesting people.
innerhollow
How interesting, I think I'm the polar opposite of everyone on this thread. If I do get into Imperial, the first thing I'd be looking forward to is meeting the unsociable geeks of Imperial (Oh unsociable geeks :love:). Geeks are such interesting people.

It depends how unsociable. I like most people but it is hard to get to know people who don't leave their room. It took an entire year to get one on my corridor to hold a normal length conversation with me.

I like geeks, I am one. I just like doing other non computer stuff.

I am a total politics geek. When I meet another politically motivated people we just talk. Constantly. This amused my flatmate when I had a rational debate while pissed. He didn't think I was drunk till my epic fail at tea making.
If you're in Imperial you have to be nerdy to a certain extent! :biggrin: but just because you're nerdy does not make you unsociable (although a few nerds are)

also @nika ale is soooort of like John smiths, but you could say John Smith's is the Citroen 2CV of the ale world.
Reply 84
is this it
Well most of the ones i know involve a pack of cards or Jeff Stelling, Italian drinking games sound good are you buying people Italian drinks to play with?

Does it count as getting more cultured if we learn different countries games?

haha, first of all, no, I'm not buying people drinks :biggrin:
plus the type of drinks don't matter that much when playing that sort of stuff :yep:
and obviously yeah, our drinking games are part of our tradition, so you'll be learning Italian costumes :rofl:

btw, have you joined our "Mechanical Engineering Imperial Freshers 2010" group on fb? :smile:

Zig
Ooo...MechEng'er. My friends from MechEng always tell me how there are about 3 girls in their entire year...I wonder who the other 2 are for next year..

actually, on the fb group for this year there are more girls than guys, dunno what's happening :dunno:
so tell your friends (as long as they aren't nerds :biggrin: ) to come and make friends with us little freshers :p:

Hyper_Sphere

also @nika ale is soooort of like John smiths, but you could say John Smith's is the Citroen 2CV of the ale world.

oooh :love: John Smiths
can't wait to get to London to get a pint :woo:
you'll introduce me to the real ales (?) than, alright? :dance:
nika91

oooh :love: John Smiths
can't wait to get to London to get a pint :woo:
you'll introduce me to the real ales (?) than, alright? :dance:

Of course! especially if all you've had so far is John Smiths :/ My dad tells me that some of the best stuff to try is Fuller's ESB (he used to live in London). And if you don't know what the Citroen 2CV is, you should look it up. :wink: Although I do fear that prices will be extortionate. :frown:
Reply 86
Hyper_Sphere
Of course! especially if all you've had so far is John Smiths :/ My dad tells me that some of the best stuff to try is Fuller's ESB (he used to live in London). And if you don't know what the Citroen 2CV is, you should look it up. :wink: Although I do fear that prices will be extortionate. :frown:

haha, let me have my john smiths and then I'll try other best stuff that you'll show me :p:
are you in Italy atm?
nika91
haha, let me have my john smiths and then I'll try other best stuff that you'll show me :p:
are you in Italy atm?

Yes I am, although in a completely unexpected turn I have internet o.o albeit not for very long (or very good). Gonna go round Firenze in a bit. :smile:
Reply 88
Hyper_Sphere
Yes I am, although in a completely unexpected turn I have internet o.o albeit not for very long (or very good). Gonna go round Firenze in a bit. :smile:

oh nice nice, :love: Firenze

if I would have had more time, I would have come and visit you there :biggrin:
You mean florence right :p:

Lovely place visited 2 years ago!
Reply 90
crazylemon
You mean florence right :p:

Lovely place visited 2 years ago!

oh yeah, I just repeated the Italian name, as he used the Italian name too :wink:

I don't live a really long way from there :p:
nika91
oh nice nice, :love: Firenze

if I would have had more time, I would have come and visit you there :biggrin:

haha thanks :biggrin: but it's a family thing anyway. And it is a wonderful city. :3
Reply 92
Hyper_Sphere
haha thanks :biggrin: but it's a family thing anyway. And it is a wonderful city. :3

do you have some Italian family by any chance?
nika91
do you have some Italian family by any chance?

yes, I have an Italian uncle and cousins. :smile:
Reply 94
innerhollow

this this and oh god THIS. or at least, people who do things other than drink and talk about drinking.
Dreizhen
this this and oh god THIS. or at least, people who do things other than drink and talk about drinking.

Talking about drinking and drinking are far from all my activities :p:
I wish to join you guys :biggrin:

In about 2 years time :teehee:
Reply 97
ace_uchiha
I wish to join you guys :biggrin:

In about 2 years time :teehee:

better late than never :rofl:
nika91
better late than never :rofl:

ohh yea! :wink:
ahhh Italian ice-cream is better than I remember :3