The Student Room Group

HIGHER HISTORY 2009 b4 and present ( WHATS THE DIFFERENCE)

I have relised the HIGHER HISTORY COURSE has changed the few years , so i would like people to tell me the syllabus change between the past and the present. What is still in it it , what has been added and what has been taken out , isthere any point in buying the past papers since its changed ? Is there point in buying the revision books before the syllabus change now and it might be out of date or will it still help you ?
animelover123
I have relised the HIGHER HISTORY COURSE has changed the few years , so i would like people to tell me the syllabus change between the past and the present. What is still in it it , what has been added and what has been taken out , isthere any point in buying the past papers since its changed ? Is there point in buying the revision books before the syllabus change now and it might be out of date or will it still help you ?

I think the only difference is that appeasement has been taken off (big big mistake) so you should be fine with most current material
Reply 2
The British unit hasn't changed
The European & World unit hasn't changed
The Special Topic unit HAS changed

In the Special Topic, you need to study a unit to do with Scotland.
Appeasement hasn't been totally taken off, you can still do it for paper 1 (I am). As the above poster put, you now need to do a Scottish topic for paper 2.
As an example, here are the topics my school is doing:
Paper 1 - Britain, 1851-1951; Appeasement and the Road to War to 1939
Paper 2 - The Wars of Independence, 1286 -1328
If you want more info, go to the LTS website (www.ltscotland.co.uk) and scroll down to the bottom and click National Qualifications. You'll then see a link to various resources for the new Higher, some written by my brilliant teacher, who I think is quite high up in the SQA History people - I know she works with the principle assessor quite a bit.
Reply 4
24craigour
I think the only difference is that appeasement has been taken off (big big mistake) so you should be fine with most current material

I agree, I loved appeasement.

Latest

Trending

Trending