The Student Room Group

What to do for the year...

Hey all-

I achieved A*BC on Thursday, but didn't get onto my ABB course- I have however been told I'll get an unconditional offer next year.

So what can I do, productively, until then? I can't really afford to travel.

-- I'm working part time, but I'm considering going back to 6th form to take up a few more AS levels, or maybe even a full A level in the year. Just to get extra feathers in my cap. What do you think?

I'll be resitting my C grade subject to.

Any other plans for things to get upto?

p.s.- I have my reasons for not going into clearing etc.
i plan to claim jobseekers and sit at home playing xbox for a year
Reply 2
just say hello
i plan to claim jobseekers and sit at home playing xbox for a year

Seriously, grow up.

(Damn can't wait for Halo and CoD to be out...)
Reply 3
If you have been told that you will get an Unconditional next year, then provided you do want to study the same course at the same place, then probably not worth going back to study. This year it has been a numbers game, they have had to be really strict and give places to those who met their offers exactly, as a lot of Unis gave a lot of offers and have had no leeway. Perhaps try to get some relevant work experience? Or maybe just a job to get some money, and if you have ever had the urge to travel- then take the opportunity to go away for a month or two. If all goes well, you could have Unconditional Offers by January, then have the rest of the year to yourself. :smile:
Reply 4
Either mix part time education (you mentioned finishing off some things and re-sitting your C grade) with part time work, or move to full time work.

I personally mixed part time work and part time study on my gap year before living abroad for a period with my gf, which was great fun. Just stay pro-active, and make sure your working towards something, otherwise its easy to relax into an unproductive cycle. And also contact your uni to pick up reading lists for the course you are going to do, so that you can get a head start on next year!

Latest

Trending

Trending