The Student Room Group

To re-apply or not?

I obtained 4 A* in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics and also a D2 in German and a D1 in Maths from the Pre-U course.

At the moment I have a place at Imperial for mechanical engineering. Do u reckon its worth re-applying to Oxbridge or not? This is considering I do not have any gap year plans at the moment

Thanks for your advice guys.
Reply 1
Depends. Do you want to go to Oxbridge? Imperial is still a very reputable University, so a degree from there will still look very good. Do you like the look of Imperial? You might go to an open day at Oxbridge and find out that you're not so keen on either University, and would be happier at Imperial. If you did take a year out, what would do in the meantime? You don't need to take a gap year, but are there any jobs available nearby or work experience placements you could take up nearby?

It's up to you, you need to consider what you want to do. If you're not fussed by Oxbridge then I would say keep your place at Imperial, and don't opt for it purely because its higher up in league tables etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending