The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey so i already completed my C3 maths module and was hoping if someone has or knows someone who has the June 2015 C3 paper as i would like to go over it with my tutor as i really wanted 100 ums on that paper but i didnt get it. Could anyone help me out please?
Thanks in advance!

Chris
I have finished A levels but am retaking a couple of modules next year. Will I be able to retake a few modules and still use my old results towards my finals grade?

Also, can Further Maths consist of FP1, FP3, FP4, D1, D2, M1??

I have done FP2 but failed it and so instead of retaking FP2 I am thinking of taking S2 and using that towards my final Maths grade.
Hi
Need a look at ocr mei M1 (June 2015) paper?
Does anyone have any pics or access to the paper?
Would greatly appreciate
thanks
Does anyone have access to 2015 ocr non mei a-level maths and FM past papers with mark schemes (M2,C3,C4,S2,D2). thanks
*URGENT* does anyone have the questions to the OCR MEI C1 2015 paper? I have the mark scheme just not the question paper. Thanks
can you send me the mark scheme
Original post by curious_M
Does anyone have access to 2015 ocr non mei a-level maths and FM past papers with mark schemes (M2,C4,S2,D2,FM2,FM3). thanks

Would really appreciate them??
Hmm, is it worth it as an AQA student to do all other boards further papers?
Does anyone have access Edexcel Maths C1 to C4, M1 and S1 maths papers upto June 2015 without answer spaces, so just the questions only?
I'm trying to decide whether to do further maths along with maths and physics. Does further maths give you an advantage of doing well in physics a level? Also i want to do Astrophysics or Cosmology at university and i just wanted to know if it was a good choice to do further maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This isn't strictly a request, but if anyone is bored of past papers or feels they need help actually learning the material, I can highly recommend this:
https://markit.education/students/
It lets you do the papers step by step and then gives you your results afterwards, with model solutions for where you went wrong. It's made by maths graduates at my uni (UCL), and the students they've tested it on so far have found it really useful. (On average their scores went up by a grade after 30 minutes of use).
They also do some intensive study days for C1 and C2 in the run up to exams, if you're London based they might be of interest to you: https://mathsrevisionday.eventbrite.com
Inbox me if you want any more details, good luck with your maths!
Original post by Bbboxcambbb
I'm trying to decide whether to do further maths along with maths and physics. Does further maths give you an advantage of doing well in physics a level? Also i want to do Astrophysics or Cosmology at university and i just wanted to know if it was a good choice to do further maths.

For AQA, Further Maths would only help with a part of an optional topic for Physics. Most Physics A-level courses are designed so that people don't need to be taking maths. However, Further Maths will definitely help with Maths. Further Maths will also be useful for your university course, so I'd say do it! :smile:
Hi,
Does anybody have a complete set of S1 notes for WJEC. I have missed so many lessons because it clashes with chem and now I'm starting to panick because the exams are nearby. Please help.
Reply 1033
umm guys? im doing an IT course next year at my college and it said it includes as level applied maths and i need an A in maths gcse to get in. Getting the A will be no problem but i just dont know what as level applied maths is. I cant find that course in the prospectus or online? Any of you guys know what it is?
Original post by huzyy
umm guys? im doing an IT course next year at my college and it said it includes as level applied maths and i need an A in maths gcse to get in. Getting the A will be no problem but i just dont know what as level applied maths is. I cant find that course in the prospectus or online? Any of you guys know what it is?

Not sure, could be a thing that your college do specifically to support the IT course, or could just be the name they give to AS maths with an applied module as the third module, or some special combination of just applied modules. Probably worth emailing the college though.
guys i have my doubts in selectin my career path da path ivwas goin to take was to be aeronatical engineer bt most people with a physics degree end up as professors or in jobs nt relevant to wat dey studdied
i jzt want some advice on how to get a well payed job in engineerin(btw i heard software engineerin is a gud career path if do how can i get da job i m studin maths fm phy n chem at AS level)
Original post by TheAlfie3000
This isn't strictly a request, but if anyone is bored of past papers or feels they need help actually learning the material, I can highly recommend this:
https://markit.education/students/
It lets you do the papers step by step and then gives you your results afterwards, with model solutions for where you went wrong. It's made by maths graduates at my uni (UCL), and the students they've tested it on so far have found it really useful. (On average their scores went up by a grade after 30 minutes of use).
They also do some intensive study days for C1 and C2 in the run up to exams, if you're London based they might be of interest to you: https://mathsrevisionday.eventbrite.com
Inbox me if you want any more details, good luck with your maths!

they need to speed up and expand to further mathematics
they will double their profit
(edited 7 years ago)
Could anyone let me know what type of shapes could be used when dealing with optimisation in the AQA core 1 exam, I know it could be about cylinder,rectangle and prism, could anyone let me know if there is anymore I would need to know about.

Thanks.
Original post by ryanefc98
Could anyone let me know what type of shapes could be used when dealing with optimisation in the AQA core 1 exam, I know it could be about cylinder,rectangle and prism, could anyone let me know if there is anymore I would need to know about.

Thanks.

Have you asked this elsewhere? This thread probably isn't the most useful for that kind of question...

Latest