Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS and A-Level chemistry resources thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys does anyone know where to find/ or have CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY EDEXCEL UNIT 4 JUNE 2013 exam papers and mark schemes?? Been looking for them everywhere !! helppppp
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone got the unit 1 chemistry AQA June 2013 question paper & mark scheme?

thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the chemistry ocr june 2013 paper and mark scheme for f325 ??
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who's not finding the specification on the AQA website useful?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahSan)
    anyone got the unit 1 chemistry AQA June 2013 question paper & mark scheme?

thanks
    looking for this too
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have f334 2013 June? I have some past papers in return.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the aqa chemistry empa (3x) paper from 2013?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the WJEC mark schemes for the Chemistry CH1 May 2013 paper and the Physics PH1 May 2013 paper?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I need to prepare a standard solution for a titration I'm doing and I'm confused with just one of the steps.

My method states that I need to write the volume that I used for preparing the standard solution. Is this the volume of the volumetric flask in which I put my solution into?

Because initially, I had to transfer 5-6g of my solute into 100cm3 of water. So I just wanted to confirm that it wasn't this 100cm3 of dissolved solute that I have to taus into account for my titration.

To me it makes sense that the volume was the volume of the volumetric flask as I washed the funnel etc. with distilled water which added to the original volume of 100cm3, in the volumetric flask.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where can i find the most recent chem2 and chem4 aqa specimen papers?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Does anyone know where I can find the 2013 June papers for chemistry ocr B salters?
    Specifically the AS exams?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Has anyone got any WJEC CH5 past papers, I've done every past paper from 2003 on wards and was wondering if anyone has any past papers from previous years? Or any suggestions what I can do for revision (Done like 4 sets of notes and every past paper about 4 times), getting a bit bored :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRKG2079)
    Hey! Has anyone got any WJEC CH5 past papers, I've done every past paper from 2003 on wards and was wondering if anyone has any past papers from previous years? Or any suggestions what I can do for revision (Done like 4 sets of notes and every past paper about 4 times), getting a bit bored :/
    I'd suggest doing other exam boards. I've done loads of OCR/AQA - they don't have very similar recall questions, but it's great for practice one equilibrium constants, pH/buffer solutions, gibb's free energy, Hess cycle etc. so if you struggle with mathsy stuff you should really go there.

http://a-levelchemistry.co.uk/ is a pretty good website.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get papers from 2003 onwards? I can only access ones from 2007 onwards...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basilla)
    I'd suggest doing other exam boards. I've done loads of OCR/AQA - they don't have very similar recall questions, but it's great for practice one equilibrium constants, pH/buffer solutions, gibb's free energy, Hess cycle etc. so if you struggle with mathsy stuff you should really go there.

http://a-levelchemistry.co.uk/ is a pretty good website.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get papers from 2003 onwards? I can only access ones from 2007 onwards...
    Ok thanks, I've tried some of the AQA past papers but I got a little confused, due to the fact that some of the questions aren't on the WJEC syllabus etc.

Thank you I'll have a look at the website!

I got them from my teacher at school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRKG2079)
    Ok thanks, I've tried some of the AQA past papers but I got a little confused, due to the fact that some of the questions aren't on the WJEC syllabus etc.

Thank you I'll have a look at the website!

I got them from my teacher at school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see. I think at this point I'd sacrifice my firstborn child for some decent past papers (Is your teacher interested in firstborns? XD)

Yeah, just ignore questions which you can't do - it's more likely due to differences in syllabus. So, ignore questions which ask about the different factors affecting lattice enthalpy, mechanisms by which transition metals act as catalysts etc.
    Just do Rate/Kc/Kp/Ka/Kw/pH/Gibb's/Hess cycle questions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I just wanted to share some great revision iBooks. For all of AS
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/as-...06056276?mt=11

For A2 organic
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/org...98633928?mt=11

A2 inorganic
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/che...94402542?mt=11

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 13, 2014
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.