The Student Room Group

What to drop for engineering

Hello,

I'm plannning to do Mech or Chem engineering at uni.

I'm in yr 12 doing chemistry, physics, maths and geography and since most engineering courses require maths, physics but not necessarily chemistry I'm going to drop either chemistry or geography.

I honestly like both chemistry and geography just as much, however I find geography much much easier so I'm leaning towards that to make A2 easier. But is it an advantage to keep chemistry instead (since I'm confident of getting an A in that as well), though having to work harder. Will universities (for an engineering course) prefer an A in chemistry over an A in geography since chemistry is so much harder and * detectably* more respectful?

Any help appreciated.
raymanh
Hello,

I'm plannning to do Mech or Chem engineering at uni.

I'm in yr 12 doing chemistry, physics, maths and geography and since most engineering courses require maths, physics but not necessarily chemistry I'm going to drop either chemistry or geography.

I honestly like both chemistry and geography just as much, however I find geography much much easier so I'm leaning towards that to make A2 easier. But is it an advantage to keep chemistry instead (since I'm confident of getting an A in that as well), though having to work harder. Will universities (for an engineering course) prefer an A in chemistry over an A in geography since chemistry is so much harder and * detectably* more respectful?

Any help appreciated.

No. You'll definitely need Chemistry A-level for Chemical Engineering. Drop Geography. NOW.
For ChemE, drop geography, otherwise, chemistry.

Latest

Trending

Trending