The Student Room Group

Help please....

Since I missed both by firm and insurance I had to go through clearing and luckily got a place in Loughborough University. After talking to the comp sci department itself I added Loughborough as my clearing choice on thurshday for G400 course, however I received an email today from them in which they gave me an offer for G401 course:

"If you wish to accept this offer, you need to log onto your UCAS track and click on your 'Add Clearing choice' button and enter the above institution and course details (you may have already taken this action after speaking to the Admissions Tutor). You must do this within the next 5 calendar days."

Now both course are same but one is 4 year sandwich and other is normal 3 years, I dont mind doing either of these but the question is do I need to contact the uni and enquire about this? I tried to contact them but they are closed on weekends and no one is picking up...

The only choice I see atm is to wait till monday but will that affect my chances?
E-mail the admissions tutor for your course. Hopefully they might check their e-mail over the weekend and reply. Do you know if people can transfer between the courses whilst they're there? Because in that case I wouldn't really think it would be an issue.
Reply 2
Emailed....
If it were me I would email the admissions tutor for the course hun. It is possible however that everyone may do the same first year and then choose either to go straight through or take a placement year as I know happens with some uni courses.

Best thing would be either to email or call up first thing monday and ask, won't affect your place :smile: xx
Reply 4
Im clearing....I have an offer from kent however i have to get back to them by the end of today. Im calling royal holloway to apply for politics and international relations. The offer for politics is BCC so what are the odd that the offer for the joint course would be around the same? Also i applied to sussex but they havent replied me. They were meant to get back to me at the start of today but didnt. The course at sussex is finance. I dont know wht to do? should i accept kent or take the risk? also if i accept kent,can i reject it if i get the others because i am not really keen on the course at kent. PLEASE HELP
i havent been through clearing before but i kinda had the same issue when applying about the sandwich year. apparently, it doesnt matter which course you are down for because u can quite easily change if you decide you dont want to do a sandwich year or decide u do if u havent chosen it if that makes sense. however i would just send them an email to make sure that it would be ok for you to do the other should that be the case

Latest

Trending

Trending