Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UMS marks calculator

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember seeing on here last year a calculator that would take your UMS marks for AS and calculate how many UMS marks you would need at A2 in order to get each overall grade.

Does this exist or am I just imagining it? I'm having difficulty finding it. I would need one which is compatible with the current spec four unit (2 AS + 2 A2) A-level.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't quite see why you need some sort of programme; you just need 80% UMS for an A, 70% for a B etc. . So just work out what that is out of the total for the A Level, subtract the marks you got at AS, and you get how many marks you need at A2 to get that grade.
    • 344 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timROGERS)
    I remember seeing on here last year a calculator that would take your UMS marks for AS and calculate how many UMS marks you would need at A2 in order to get each overall grade.

Does this exist or am I just imagining it? I'm having difficulty finding it. I would need one which is compatible with the current spec four unit (2 AS + 2 A2) A-level.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
    You don't need a calculator!

It is 320 UMS (A) 280 (B) 240 (C) 200 (D) 160 (E). Look at what you have now and subtract it from these boundaries.
    • 344 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I don't quite see why you need a some sort of programme; you just need 80% UMS for an A, 70% for a B etc. . So just work out what that is out of the total for the A Level, subtract the marks you got at AS, and you get how many marks you need at A2 to get that grade.
    Over half of the population of this country have no idea how to find 80% of a quantity.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, I don't need a calculator. Don't worry Mr M, I don't have any difficulty working out 80% haha. I just didn't know how the grade boundaries worked, but now I know...thanks all!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Over half of the population of this country have no idea how to find 80% of a quantity.
    Seeing as the majority of exams are marked out of 100, I don't think many would have the problem.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 21, 2010
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.