The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
wine, smokes and fapping. can't go wrong with that...
toasteh
'Bridge over Troubled Water' makes me awfully sad. I have a pretty bad memory to go with it, though...

Maybe a jollier song then:
e.g.
Reply 42
Wallowing ftw. Killing Sims also helps.
I take the preemptive approach of not getting sad to need cheering up. It's easily done - just think of everything you have to be thankful for, even just in the good health, roof over your head, and quality education sense :smile:

Other than that, imagine things, possible or not. I sometimes imagine as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
shop online for some new goodies, have a movie marathon with lots of snacks in a duvet. when im down drinking and going out generally makes me feel worse!
Reply 45
I normally just ****.
I just wallow in my sadness tbh. Which is probably what I'll be doing on Tuesday, after getting my results.
Reply 47
Dance.

After that, a nice cup of iced soy milk and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air clips on Youtube. :biggrin:
riotgrrl
Watch musicals, paint my nails bright pink, bake, dance around to cheesey 90s music (Aqua! :love:), curl up in front of the tv with some vegetable dippers, call my oldest friend, hang out with my Granny.

If I'm in on my own for the evening, sometimes I'll do my hair and make-up all nice, put on some music, try on loads of music, dance around a bit and take some pictures. :o:

I've decided next time I feel sad I'm coming over to yours :biggrin:

I'm very sorry but you have no say in it
Reply 49
I normally wallow but watching Gap Yah and Gap Yah 2 can sometimes make me smile :smile:
Reply 50
La Papillon

I think I'll B joing the both of you...
watch a comedy
play a sports game on easy mode so I win by a huge amount :biggrin:
Reply 53
Watch Jeremy Kyle.
Niecey
I think I'll B joing the both of you...

HAPPY PARTY!!!! :woo:
Reply 55
Depends on where I am really, if I'm home alone then sometimes all I need is a good cry to get it out of my system...followed by some comedy on TV. If my boyfriend is around then he inevitably gets me to confide to him until I feel better.

If I'm at work I'll put on the happiest songs from my Ipod and sing along...it's surprisingly therapeutic (plus I work on my own in a kinda isolated area so it's not like anyone will overhear me :biggrin:)
Reply 56
La Papillon

Haha, that'll be fine by me! xD
Be warned that I give brutal pep talks :p:
Reply 57
I wallow, I completely dwell in my sadness and listen to sad music...watch sad movies. I find this way the quickest way to get over what I'm sad about.

Alternatively I eat Haagen Dazs cheesecake ice cream which has almost the exact same effect.
Reply 58
Read and/or do a work overload, which doesn't always help!
Reply 59
SilverDoe21
Read a bit of Harry and/or watch something funny (QI, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, The Inbetweeners) :biggrin:

I saw Stephen Fry at Heathrow today.

And to the OP I just do what I did on the airplane today for 8 hours:

masturbate.

Latest

Trending

Trending