The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's no more degrading to women than a strip club or prostitution.

"Oh, but women choose to work in the sex industry!" I hear you cry, well...I have news for you...that choice thing? Guess what, in this country it applies to women wearing the hijab too.
Naffy
Im muslim, and Im not fond of it either.

I think traditional headscarves looks odd in British society.

this :yep:
TomInce6666
I find it sad. Must be really ******* hot in there tbh.

apparently if they are made of the right material they actual protect you from the sun and keep you cool..............
mel0n
LOL stupid. Discriminating against someone just because of a piece of cloth on their head.

No, OP, it doesn't annoy me. They are as entitled to wear what they want as others in the country who choose to wear whatever they want.

This. :yep:
Casse
You hate them because you realise they are right.

You hate them because they stand for honour, dignity, modesty, chastity etc. whereas you would prefer them to dress like the drunken whores that litter the streets on saturday nights.

So true... :yep:
Reply 45
mel0n
LOL stupid. Discriminating against someone just because of a piece of cloth on their head.

No its because Im shallow and a girl's hair is very important to me :rolleyes:
Reply 46
Some sort of boat
Yeah, so your husbands don't beat the crap out of you for not wearing it :smile:

And, disliking your headscarf's is really not a loss for me, at all.

the majority of them dont. and its sad that the husbands who do, against islam i might add, have ruined the name of muslim men everywhere
mel0n

No, OP, it doesn't annoy me. They are as entitled to wear what they want as others in the country who choose to wear whatever they want.

you dont deserve to go to kings
humy369
ive spent months in africa whilst wearing my scarf and i ncan honestly say it didnt bother me at all. also my family who live in africa full-time have no problem with it.

Ohh. Cool :smile: haha. What i also dont understand, is is it compulsory for muslims to wear the hijab or burka? i know many muslims who dont. and are there different sects of islam who encourage the wearing of this dress?
Reply 49
Definately do not agree. I find it stupid that some people dont like people who wear Hijabs, what if they were the nicest person under that hijab?
humy369
the majority of them dont. and its sad that the husbands who do, against islam i might add, have ruined the name of muslim men everywhere

I've already said, I was thinking of the whole postbox outfit thing. :frown:
Reply 51
Casse
You hate them because you realise they are right.

You hate them because they stand for honour, dignity, modesty, chastity etc. whereas you would prefer them to dress like the drunken whores that litter the streets on saturday nights.

Do you not think that there is an intermediate? The world isn't divided into Hijabis and whores.
Reply 52
Such a fetish of mine to smash one in.
Some sort of boat
Yeah, so your husbands don't beat the crap out of you for not wearing it :smile:

You really need to shut it. Yes I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you could at least research the true facts before you make a comment.

Have you ever thought that maybe it is actually a form of liberation. They don't have to wear make up, style their hair in a certain way, which COULD be seen as constraints that western women have to do. It is not some new tradition in western society anyway it as practiced in Ancient Greece and throughout the Mediterranean before Islam was founded, and in religions such as catholic, Christianity, Judaism where the veil was a common practice.
Organ
Do you not think that there is an intermediate? The world isn't divided into Hijabis and whores.

hijabs vs whores :lol:
Reply 55
Some sort of boat

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, are you for real?
LondonHearted
Every society has a different definition of what is beautiful and what is modesty. Some people find it beautiful and some find it ugly. But at the end of the day, so long as whoever beneath it is comfortable and happy, what does it matter to any one else?

This. The stupidity of this thread amazes me:facepalm2:
Some sort of boat
I shouldn't really need to. It's incredibly demeaning towards women, and disgusting.

I don't think its headscarves you need to worry about, its zoo and playboy magazine, and every other trashy magazine and made to demean women (thats "disgusting"!). The Quran states the reason for wearing the head scarf is so your "recognised and not annoyed".
Some sort of boat
Sick of hearing this stupid f*cking argument from bitches all the time.

Yeah.

Prostitution and strip clubs are degrading ASWELL.

So what's your point ?

Calling me a bitch, you're mature. I can tell you want me to take you really seriously. :rolleyes:

My point is I never see these people speaking out against hijabs doing the same for the sex industry. TSR is full of anti Islam threads, their excuse for it almost always that it is "degrading to women". I rarely see one highlighting the issue of sex trafficking in Western Europe, or the flaws within Christianity. It's always the Muslims getting singled out.

It's quite obvious they are trying to disguise their xenophobia with compassion.
Kevin J
Such a fetish of mine to smash one in.

you want to bone a girl with a hijab? :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending