The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Gym

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Dnator
Sounds good man :biggrin: From your current numbers we are pretty level (other than your squat - you might need to share your secrets :o: ) so count me in.
Yer I always forget to ice it, it is getting better - I am sticking to front squats atm, hopefully should be able to hit full intensity in a week or so , would like to put a few kg's on my lifts before I hit warwick.
And those are some crazy numbers for an 18 year old (I am assuming you were 18 at the time)
So you starting chemistry this year? You on the facebook page?

Same here man, I want to be the strongest one when I enter the Warwick gym :smile:

Here's my fb http://en-pi.facebook.com/people/Igor-Orlowski/1170134297
Medicinal chemistry. 4 years. Hopefully I won't regret it lol
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
piszczel
Same here man, I want to be the strongest one when I enter the Warwick gym :smile:

Here's my fb http://en-pi.facebook.com/people/Igor-Orlowski/1170134297
Medicinal chemistry. 4 years. Hopefully I won't regret it lol

Added, well done on the results man - whats with you not knowing about warwick did you apply really late or :confused:
Reply 42
Dnator
Added, well done on the results man - whats with you not knowing about warwick did you apply really late or :confused:

I put it as my firm choice despite never visiting the uni - I didn't even know where it is on the map at the time. Basically I just heard that it's a good uni so I applied lol. I know nothing about it and basically I'm in for a suprise once I get there haha. Should be fun.
Reply 43
piszczel
I put it as my firm choice despite never visiting the uni - I didn't even know where it is on the map at the time. Basically I just heard that it's a good uni so I applied lol. I know nothing about it and basically I'm in for a suprise once I get there haha. Should be fun.

Haha nice one, well http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/sportscentre/runningbear/exerciserooms/performanceweights/ is the most important thing, and from that it looks pretty good.
wen you guys say u bench 120+ does that mean 1 reps. lol

coz i bench 4 sets of 80 with 9 reps.

Lol properly too weak to work out with you guys.

but keep it up.
Reply 45
Tompazr

any squat over about 60 is pretty immense too....by warwick standards.... :wink:

No.
Reply 46
Katymcc
No.

Seriously though, where I train, you can count the amount of people who squat over 100kg on the fingers of one hand.
Reply 47
Katymcc
No.

Is that not true then? :s-smilie:
opening hours please?
Reply 49
destination unknown
opening hours please?

I think it's something like 7.15-21.30, not 100% sure
It's on the website
Reply 50
Dnator
Is that not true then? :s-smilie:

Just wouldn't call it immense cause even I can squat >60k
Reply 51
Katymcc
Just wouldn't call it immense cause even I can squat >60k

Well yes, I wouldn't call a squat less than 180 immense (even then, depends on their weight (note- I cannot squat that))
Reply 52
I think, doesn't matter what you squat - as long as you squat, you're good in my books. It's probably my favourite exercise.
piszczel
I think it's something like 7.15-21.30, not 100% sure
It's on the website

Ok thanks! It's gonna be hard for me to workout since I've got 9am-6:30pm lectures everyday:frown:
Reply 54
piszczel
I think, doesn't matter what you squat - as long as you squat, you're good in my books. It's probably my favourite exercise.

Dead lift is mine, even less people seem to do that.

Gonna try and start overhead squatting, looks hard as ****.
Reply 55
destination unknown
Ok thanks! It's gonna be hard for me to workout since I've got 9am-6:30pm lectures everyday:frown:

Is that definite? What about wed afternoons. :s-smilie:
Reply 56
Dnator
Dead lift is mine, even less people seem to do that.

Gonna try and start overhead squatting, looks hard as ****.

I've tried it but I'm not really flexible enough to do it lol
It is hard but also pretty useless unless you're doing oly lifting.
Reply 57
piszczel
I've tried it but I'm not really flexible enough to do it lol
It is hard but also pretty useless unless you're doing oly lifting.

I figured I should start doing them before I start trying to snatch, I have pretty bad shoulder mobility though so it might be a no go.
How often do you train then?
Reply 58
Dnator
I figured I should start doing them before I start trying to snatch, I have pretty bad shoulder mobility though so it might be a no go.
How often do you train then?

3 times a week, sometimes 4. When I get there I plan on weightlifting 3x a week and then doing some cardio (swimming, cycling) 2-3x a week on top of that.
I bench 3 times a week, squat 3 times a week. I don't deadlift because I'm not risking an injury, my back doesn't like deadlifts (which is weird cause I can be in pain after deadlifting 140kg but somehow I can squat much more no problem). Basically I do full on powerlifting :smile:
Reply 59
piszczel
3 times a week, sometimes 4. When I get there I plan on weightlifting 3x a week and then doing some cardio (swimming, cycling) 2-3x a week on top of that.
I bench 3 times a week, squat 3 times a week. I don't deadlift because I'm not risking an injury, my back doesn't like deadlifts (which is weird cause I can be in pain after deadlifting 140kg but somehow I can squat much more no problem). Basically I do full on powerlifting :smile:

Sweet, well I'll see you in there monday the 4th :cool: What accom you after?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending