The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Jennie1987
Youve been watching too many Four Weddings US and that wedding wasnt worth $150,000.

Really...? That's what it said on the show... how much was it then?:rolleyes:
pagrant
Really...? That's what it said on the show... how much was it then?:rolleyes:

No I mean what she had wasnt worth $150,000 not that she didnt spend it.
Truly cannot think that far... I can't even decide what I'm having for supper or what Job, I want let alone the colour scheme of my wedding. All I do know is I wouldn't want anything tacky...or a wedding dress that resembled a meringue.
The budget: N/A
Ceremony type: (Religious..etc) :dontknow:
The colour scheme: Black, with something else. Black however is most important.
The venue/reception: A lavish country mansion, obvsly. Or underwater.
The dress/suit: :dontknow:
Food/Cake: Food and cake.
Time(Morning evening)?: Afternoon to late evening.
Season: Winter.
Addzter
Never really thought about it to be honest, although I doubt that's rare for guys. I guess I wouldn't really want to spend too much, probably wouldn't be religious unless the bride wanted to to be, wouldn't really be bothered about the colour scheme, maybe a nice hotel in the country or a secluded foreign beach for the venue, wearing a nice Italian suit, tasty food, mid-morning, summer. Er, yeah. :s-smilie:

Thats sounds pretty sweet, Maybe you could have David Cameron as a guest.. so you could have a pint? or maybe a glass of champagne? Haha Oh I'm sad..... I'm responding to another one of your posts on another thread!
The budget: Anything up to £40-50k
Ceremony type: Contemporary, not religious
The colour scheme: Pearl white and honey gold
The venue/reception: The Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi
The dress/suit: Versace, black.
Food/Cake: erm, there will be food and a cake.
Time(Morning evening): Night
Season: Summer

These are all plans my ex girlfriend 'jokingly' made lol, got to admit I do like the ideas :yep:
lily-flower
Thats sounds pretty sweet, Maybe you could have David Cameron as a guest.. so you could have a pint? or maybe a glass of champagne? Haha Oh I'm sad..... I'm responding to another one of your posts on another thread!

Haha, I could go one better and have him as my best man :3 and then ruin the whole day by getting drunk and arguing over politics with him :angry:
My fiancé would do all the planning. With a little help from me of course.
Reply 28
I would want to get married in the future but I haven't had any particulars planned yet. I wouldn't bother to think about them now, 'coz the trend would eventually change and the prices will still definitely get higher than at present. So, I'll worry about that when I'd already have a fixed plan to get married. :wink:
I have absolutely no clue, because a) I'm not planning on getting married any time soon. I'm not even looking for a serious relationship right now; and b) the bride's family usually pays for most of the wedding.

mahaneap
Mine will definitely not be religious. I will not marry a woman if she insists on a religious ceremony. And I will try and spend as little as possible on it.

Oh, you're a keeper.
im no getting married

i dont want to cause its a waste of time
tinktinktinkerbell
im no getting married

i dont want to cause its a waste of time

Not*
Because*
Reply 32
Not something I've even begun to think about. Slightly scared by how detailed some of my friends plans are (mostly girls) at this stage. One asked me a few months back how I'd propose to someone and the best I could come up with was "Ummm....". :s
mehhh.....hi.
Not*
Because*

kiss my ass :biggrin:
Reply 34
The budget: Small, it's not worth getting into debt for- take whatever the average is and prolly half it?
Ceremony type: (Religious..etc) Civil ceremony
The colour scheme: White, pale green and yellow (summery!)
The venue/reception: Outside in the summer, mebbes at a nice pub?
The dress/suit: White (obviousl!) very simple and flowing
Food/Cake: Getting the cake from Costco, wedding cakes are one of the most ridiculously overpriced things I have ever seen in my life and they usually taste horrible. Not sure about the rest of the food. Picnic?
Time(Morning evening)?: Afternoon?
Season: Summer
And etc...

Basically, relaxed, summery and fun.
Vegassssss, baby!
I'm about 40% serious about that.
Or a small, personal outdoor wedding on a beautiful sunny day.
Budget- as little as possible, it's just one day!
Plenty of food, a gorgeous cake, dancing underneath the stars and one of them dresses that's simple on top but kinda like ruffled/ fluffy from the waist down (if it suited me)
ahh now to find someone to marry ...
Reply 36
I always used to think I wanted a massive wedding, but now the thought of all those people watching me as I walk down the aisle makes me cringe!
Though, I still want a nice wedding
Budget: Whatever I can afford based on my earnings etc
Ceremony Type: Something formal, but not overly.
Colour Scheme: I'm thinking maybe a deep purple?
Venue: A nice manor house, with the reception in a boat house (Like the one in central park)
Dress: Classic, white, wedding dress. I actually have a picture of the most perfect wedding dress saved on my computer (I'm a freak, I know)
Food/Cake: I'd probably just go for the traditional Sunday roast/carvery or something, and I'm not much a fan of sponge or fruit cakes so I'd have a chocolate one :biggrin: (and a chocolate fountain)
Time: Dunno
Season: Winter, I quite fancy getting married on New Year's Eve but I don't think anyone would want to come then.

I absolutely love four weddings, I think it's brilliant.
Reply 37
The budget: Whatever I can afford- save where I can though, not spending stupid 'house' amounts of money.
Ceremony type: Not religious
Food/Cake: All veggie food. Buffet later too. Maybe cupcakes!
Time: Lunchtime ceremony, evening reception

I want my bridesmaids to be wearing variations of dresses... like, maybe 2 or 3 colours, but in different places (waists, ribbons, trim, main dress) so they all match but are slightly different, and the cut will be the one which suits that specific maid best. And it won't be all 'frilly and traditional'. Sounds odd, but I saw it in a bridal magazine and it looks well nice!

Kind of like this
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www-static.weddingbee.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/bridesmaids_43.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.weddingbee.com/2007/10/15/favorite-bridesmaid-dress-designer/&usg=__ok2BTatkuKi7sHYVyMmdJisBnJg=&h=359&w=277&sz=57&hl=en&start=43&zoom=1&tbnid=Vm2CfxQQ9lI3UM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=108&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbridesmaids%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DX%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D683%26tbs%3Disch:10,1200&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=486&vpy=147&dur=3591&hovh=256&hovw=197&tx=142&ty=211&ei=y0VxTMqBIMWOjAfBpKz7CA&oei=bUVxTJfhJtKS4AavuJTfCA&esq=3&page=3&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:43&biw=1280&bih=683
Matching but different.
Reply 38
Aslong as megan fox somehow becomes 5 years younger.. and the wedding is with her.. i dont care.
pagrant
The budget:
Ceremony type: (Religious..etc)
The colour scheme:
The venue/reception:
The dress/suit:
Food/Cake:
Time(Morning evening)?:
Season:
And etc...

Or why don't you want to get married?:

LOL are you serious?