The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Tzarchasm
From what I've gathered, the only universities that accept resits are Lancaster, Liverpool, UEA and Peninsula? Please correct me.

BSMS also do. As do southampton but only accept you if your resitting one a level. Keele also accept resitters who are applying with grades in hand meaning that if you resat this year, you could apply to them next year.
BSMS, Keele, UEA, Liverpool, Lancaster, Southampton, Peninsula. But all with their own criteria eg. must have achieved AAB in the first sitting etc.
Do any universities allow resits for their Access to Medicine course?
Reply 783
Original post by cashmoneyorg
Do any universities allow resits for their Access to Medicine course?

YMCMB ALL DAY EVERYDAY
u should email the unis and ask btw lol
Original post by 786girl
YMCMB ALL DAY EVERYDAY
u should email the unis and ask btw lol

haha
and all the unis I called said no retakes. except for one.
Reply 785
Liverpool now says on their website that you have to have achieved your A-levels in two years... this doesn't look good. Can someone else please verify this?
Reply 786
Original post by daj198
Liverpool now says on their website that you have to have achieved your A-levels in two years... this doesn't look good. Can someone else please verify this?

:O

has it always said that though? It in admissions sheet thing it says that then says resit applications will also be considered
Reply 787
Original post by aj2010
:O

has it always said that though? It in admissions sheet thing it says that then says resit applications will also be considered

Oh yes... and the sheet also says about achieving them in two years. I guess they just like to keep it quiet that they taken retakes.
Reply 788
Can someone clarify for me what unis mean by resits? By resits do they mean resitting a whole year (3 years to do a level) or just any resits (resitting modules even if you complete a levels in 2 years).. because my AS results were piss poor and i'm resitting a few modules I did terrible in to achieve the required grades, am I still eligible to do medicine provided I get the grades?
Original post by bboy420
Can someone clarify for me what unis mean by resits? By resits do they mean resitting a whole year (3 years to do a level) or just any resits (resitting modules even if you complete a levels in 2 years).. because my AS results were piss poor and i'm resitting a few modules I did terrible in to achieve the required grades, am I still eligible to do medicine provided I get the grades?

Resitting AS modules is accepted by most places, A2 is where the problem begins (I resat 5 As modules lol)
Nice to hear of some medicine success stories instead of all the saddening ones of people who don't make it.

Well done to those who got in :smile: I was really lucky with mine as I got in through clearing so I really feel for those just managed to get in and understand the crushing feeling of those who didn't make it. I felt devastated after getting rejected everywhere and I really admire those who got up from it and pursued medicine whatever it took even if it meant doing graduate entry. Takes some serious motivation.
Original post by flying.high
Nice to hear of some medicine success stories instead of all the saddening ones of people who don't make it.

Well done to those who got in :smile: I was really lucky with mine as I got in through clearing so I really feel for those just managed to get in and understand the crushing feeling of those who didn't make it. I felt devastated after getting rejected everywhere and I really admire those who got up from it and pursued medicine whatever it took even if it meant doing graduate entry. Takes some serious motivation.

Clearing? Where? :O

And well done!
Reply 792
Where do we put in our old Ucas id? :O
Reply 793
Original post by aj2010
Where do we put in our old Ucas id? :O

You get a new one for each year you apply. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Reply 794
Original post by daj198
You get a new one for each year you apply. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Yep you're right. Now i have another query. When we do do the education thing, do we enter our school twice from september or something? because I'm not going back to sixth form but still doing resit.
Reply 795
Also my plan was to do resit in Jan but if by god's grace I get any offers and It happens to be uea then I'd need A* which then i have to resit in June but in the form should I just put march 2012 for the resit?.
I'm in the exactly the same position. I've been told to put your sixth form down as part-time education for this year form sept - june. Also glad UEA decided they want the cheeky * now just to make things easier :tongue:
Reply 797
Original post by gloriousballs
I'm in the exactly the same position. I've been told to put your sixth form down as part-time education for this year form sept - june. Also glad UEA decided they want the cheeky * now just to make things easier :tongue:

Are you putting the date for your resit as august then?. How come you like that? :smile: I don't like it :frown:. My teachers have only predicted me an A because they said that's what should be expected but i did ask if they could email uea saying I could get an A* which probably means I'm getting a rejection from them :frown:. I am now also thinking now if i did get an offer from there (with some miracle.- I honestly feel like that's the only way I'm going to get any offers ) I don't know if I'd be able to get an A* in chem.

I guess I'll worry about it if it ever happens or maybe try and do it maths or something but I am not retaking maths for now. I really like uea though, applied last year too. :smile:
Good luck with yours. Are you applying to liverpool, lancaster, southampton and uea?. Let me know if you hear anything.
Also are you a girl btw?.
Original post by aj2010
Are you putting the date for your resit as august then?. How come you like that? :smile: I don't like it :frown:. My teachers have only predicted me an A because they said that's what should be expected but i did ask if they could email uea saying I could get an A* which probably means I'm getting a rejection from them :frown:. I am now also thinking now if i did get an offer from there (with some miracle.- I honestly feel like that's the only way I'm going to get any offers ) I don't know if I'd be able to get an A* in chem.

I guess I'll worry about it if it ever happens or maybe try and do it maths or something but I am not retaking maths for now. I really like uea though, applied last year too. :smile:
Good luck with yours. Are you applying to liverpool, lancaster, southampton and uea?. Let me know if you hear anything.
Also are you a girl btw?.

Oh no I don't like it I was just being sarcastic! A*'s gonna be a bitch to get if it comes down to it. I put the date as June for the re-sit so i've always got the option of Jan or June.

I'm sure you'll be fine if they send an email to UEA :smile: and if you get an offer you'd be stupid not to spend every waking hour trying to get that A*! At least thats my plan :tongue:

You guessed my choices exactly! and i'll let know, just literally sending off my UCAS now :biggrin: scary stuff!

What are your choices?

and no i'm a dude....sorry :tongue:
Reply 799
did we have to put in dates for resits? :O im doing mine at a different college to my sixthform since they dont do jan exams...

Latest

Trending

Trending