Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Medicine Resit Applicants' Success Stories?

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek)
    15th of December in Exeter
    What about you?
    Mine is the 19th in Plymouth. Best of luck by the way :yy:

Hope all you re-sit applicants get in, I feel a lot of affinity to you guys
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chonicles)
    Mine is the 19th in Plymouth. Best of luck by the way :yy:

Hope all you re-sit applicants get in, I feel a lot of affinity to you guys
    Thanks
    You too!
    Aw and I know what you mean, we've all somehow been through an emotional time, whether ext circumstances, missing our offers, or no offers at all (and still missing the grades required - in my case )
    Hopefully we resitters will get offer(s) somewhere!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    You too!
    Aw and I know what you mean, we've all somehow been through an emotional time, whether ext circumstances, missing our offers, or no offers at all (and still missing the grades required - in my case )
    Hopefully we resitters will get offer(s) somewhere!
    Ah, did you get no offers and miss AAA+ then?

I hope so This year has been compounded by the whole fees thing as well
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myyrh)
    Liverpool, Lancaster, Southampton and Peninsula you?
    hey i'm a dental resit applicant. i just check out this thread for a bit of motivation when i dont feel like revising.

do liverpool accept resit applicants???
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ah, did you get no offers and miss AAA+ then?

I hope so This year has been compounded by the whole fees thing as well
    Yepp lol
    Yeah I promised myself I wouldn't worry about fees until I finished med school
    Studying medicine always = debt anyways
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yepp lol
    Yeah I promised myself I wouldn't worry about fees until I finished med school
    Studying medicine always = debt anyways
    Haha yeah. Paying off the debt is years in the future anyway

One of the hardest things for me has been seeing everybody I know going to university

/self pity over/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah. Paying off the debt is years in the future anyway

One of the hardest things for me has been seeing everybody I know going to university

/self pity over/
    That was pretty tough for me too..
    Though a few friends of mine said they'd wished they'd done a gap year and applied for the course they wanted to instead of just accept their clearing offer, but couldn't be bothered with the whole stress of ucas again
    Taking a gap year can be so scary because it's so uncertain - when I declined my biochem offer and took a job as a hca, my parents thought I had actually gone mad but hey ho.. :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That was pretty tough for me too..
    Though a few friends of mine said they'd wished they'd done a gap year and applied for the course they wanted to instead of just accept their clearing offer, but couldn't be bothered with the whole stress of ucas again
    Taking a gap year can be so scary because it's so uncertain - when I declined my biochem offer and took a job as a hca, my parents thought I had actually gone mad but hey ho.. :rolleyes:
    Yeah, I know a few people who have stuck around, but most of the people I know are miles away. my parents have been supportive of me sticking around. it was pretty difficult getting my head around not actually going to university this year as well. are you planning on doing anything like travelling? I'm hoping to go in the spring.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undertaker1)
    hey i'm a dental resit applicant. i just check out this thread for a bit of motivation when i dont feel like revising.

do liverpool accept resit applicants???
    Yes they do, all the universities I applied to accept resitters without extenuating circumstances
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myyrh)
    Yes they do, all the universities I applied to accept resitters without extenuating circumstances
    oh ok, have you heard from anywhere yet.

btw are these the one 4 that accept resit candidates or are there more.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh ok, have you heard from anywhere yet.

btw are these the one 4 that accept resit candidates or are there more.
    I had an interview at Lancaster, the others haven't replied yet. There are a few more unis that accept resitters such as UEA, Keele and BSMS
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myyrh)
    I had an interview at Lancaster, the others haven't replied yet. There are a few more unis that accept resitters such as UEA, Keele and BSMS
    Doesn't UEA want A*A*A* if you're resitting even one exam in any subject? I sent an email out a while ago, cant remember if it was them lol
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor.)
    Doesn't UEA want A*A*A* if you're resitting even one exam in any subject? I sent an email out a while ago, cant remember if it was them lol
    No that would be insane :P UEA want an A* in the subject being resat. I'm not to sure about BSMS requirements but it's somthing similar. Keele want you to resit and get the grades before reapplying.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myyrh)
    No that would be insane :P UEA want an A* in the subject being resat. I'm not to sure about BSMS requirements but it's somthing similar. Keele want you to resit and get the grades before reapplying.
    Aw that's annoying lol. They said if I resit one exam for all subjects I have to get A*. I was like, no. :rolleyes:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor.)
    Aw that's annoying lol. They said if I resit one exam for all subjects I have to get A*. I was like, no. :rolleyes:
    Well they rejected me last year without interview and there was no way my school would predict me an A* so I also completely avoided them
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know a few people who have stuck around, but most of the people I know are miles away. my parents have been supportive of me sticking around. it was pretty difficult getting my head around not actually going to university this year as well. are you planning on doing anything like travelling? I'm hoping to go in the spring.
    I have a 2week "reward holiday" already booked next summer in Florida
    But voluntary work/gap year-wise, I was thinking about volunteering on a obstetrics ward in West Africa in the summer but nothing's set in stone yet
    I'm hoping that by spring/early summer, I'd have an offer and the grades and then I'll start to plan the fun part of my gap year :rolleyes:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myyrh)
    congrats on your interview; hopefully you'll get an offer.

do you mind me asking what your stats are like?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    congrats on your interview; hopefully you'll get an offer.

do you mind me asking what your stats are like?
    Thanks and not at all

GCSES:4a*,6a and a c
    AS:BB(E in critical thinking)
    A2:AAB (B resitting to A)
    UKCAT 642.5
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a 2week "reward holiday" already booked next summer in Florida
    But voluntary work/gap year-wise, I was thinking about volunteering on a obstetrics ward in West Africa in the summer but nothing's set in stone yet
    I'm hoping that by spring/early summer, I'd have an offer and the grades and then I'll start to plan the fun part of my gap year :rolleyes:
    Yeah that's exactly how I feel. I don't want to tread water all year
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    15th of December in Exeter
    What about you?
    I have the same interview date!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.