The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I know I should be patient but the suspense is KILLING ME. Not heard anything from any of my med schools yet :/ anyone else in the same position as me who wants to have a group crying session? :P
Reply 901
Original post by BlackThought
I know I should be patient but the suspense is KILLING ME. Not heard anything from any of my med schools yet :/ anyone else in the same position as me who wants to have a group crying session? :P

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :smile::confused::s-smilie::mad::biggrin:

Hi.

/Cries
Original post by BlackThought

Me too :s-smilie:
Original post by Abbasmerali
I have the same interview date!

Congrats!
Are you in Exeter as well?
Got an UEA Interview in January!! :smile:
Original post by areyousure?
Got an UEA Interview in January!! :smile:

Well done!
See, you had nothing to worry about :rolleyes:
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Well done!
See, you had nothing to worry about :rolleyes:

Hhahaha thank youu :biggrin:
Reply 907
Just got a letter from Peninsula saying I have an Interview in Feb/March ! :biggrin:
Reply 908
Congraluations and good luck with those with interviews. I've given up now, actually feel like i should withdraw myself because I just don't have the strength to handle any more rejections right now. I should have listened to those people that told me not to do this. I was never a strong enough applicant in the first place but I really wanted to try.

Anyway, keep the thread going strong and updated because you will be inspiration for others who were in our position this year and please also help them.
Original post by aj2010
Congraluations and good luck with those with interviews. I've given up now, actually feel like i should withdraw myself because I just don't have the strength to handle any more rejections right now. I should have listened to those people that told me not to do this. I was never a strong enough applicant in the first place but I really wanted to try.

Anyway, keep the thread going strong and updated because you will be inspiration for others who were in our position this year and please also help them.

hey where have you applied and btw you have better stats than mine so you shouldnt put yourself down.

which medical schools have you heard from so far?
Original post by aj2010

There is no point in giving up now, just make sure you ace those exams and at least you will be able to apply with your grades in hand next year if you are not lucky this year. Just remember the reason why you decided to try again and never forget it!
All interviews have not been given out yet and nothing is lost until you actually get rejections!

Concentrate on exams and forget about UCAS... if it works out great, if not then don't give up!

Prove to those who said you should not do it that you can do it and that you are going to do it!!

:smile:
Reply 911
Original post by aj2010

WHY the hell have you given up?!?!?!?!?!

I AM THE ONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE UP.

Seriously, you'll get in if I have a chance of getting in. It'll take ONE interview/offer to make you a doctor.
Original post by Doctor.
WHY the hell have you given up?!?!?!?!?!

I AM THE ONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE UP.

Seriously, you'll get in if I have a chance of getting in. It'll take ONE interview/offer to make you a doctor.

hey hows your chem 5 revision going. i've only just started it.

btw which medical schools have you applied to
ugh... let's not talk about revision (please:P)
Reply 914
Original post by undertaker1
hey hows your chem 5 revision going. i've only just started it.

btw which medical schools have you applied to

I've done most of CHEM5. I am basically on the same level as my best friend. He explains where he is up to on his blog (newest post): http://mrmedical.blogspot.com/

ENTROPY it's simple, but sosososososos one of them topics I get, but I don't get it lol we cant get our heads round it. Everything else...covered, Colours- going to learn just before the exam because I don't have the mental capacity to remember them for like 3 months lol

Applied to: Leeds, Lancaster and Liverpool! Heard no word from any of them lol :frown:

BTW if you need any help on CHEM5. Talk to me! :biggrin: I learn by helping others haha

ugh... let's not talk about revision (please:P)

:colone:. I have had no life for the past 3 months, roll on January and then its PARTYYYYYY time :biggrin:. Still no medicine offers :frown:

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I shall not have a life till these exams are over. Also I have not left my house, other than picking dad from work since....results day :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Doctor.
I've done most of CHEM5. I am basically on the same level as my best friend. He explains where he is up to on his blog (newest post): http://mrmedical.blogspot.com/

ENTROPY it's simple, but sosososososos one of them topics I get, but I don't get it lol we cant get our heads round it. Everything else...covered, Colours- going to learn just before the exam because I don't have the mental capacity to remember them for like 3 months lol

Applied to: Leeds, Lancaster and Liverpool! Heard no word from any of them lol :frown:

BTW if you need any help on CHEM5. Talk to me! :biggrin: I learn by helping others haha

:colone:. I have had no life for the past 3 months, roll on January and then its PARTYYYYYY time :biggrin:. Still no medicine offers :frown:

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I shall not have a life till these exams are over. Also I have not left my house, other than picking dad from work since....results day :biggrin:

lol i'm in the same boat as you. i've nearly completed all my biology starting electrochemical cells now and have completed entropy.
btw how are you revising chem 5. i found this really difficult to revise in june as i just couldn't understand what i needed to know so this time round i bought the cgp book and it has really helped my understand the basics. i then use the collins book which is then easier to understand.

for the colours i would learn them now and and it doesn't matter if you forget them and then closer to the exam you will find it easier to revise the colours-- dont learn them last minute.

what other exams are you taking?

this site is pretty good: http://www.brightstorm.com/science/chemistry/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 916
Original post by undertaker1
lol i'm in the same boat as you. i've nearly completed all my biology starting electrochemical cells now and have completed entropy.
btw how are you revising chem 5. i found this really difficult to revise in june as i just couldn't understand what i needed to know so this time round i bought the cgp book and it has really helped my understand the basics. i then use the collins book which is then easier to understand.

for the colours i would learn them now and and it doesn't matter if you forget them and then closer to the exam you will find it easier to revise the colours-- dont learn them last minute.

what other exams are you taking?

this site is pretty good: http://www.brightstorm.com/science/chemistry/

I'm doing CHEM1, CHEM2, CHEM5, HBIO1, HBIO2, HBIO5, Core 1 and Core 2

Biology is sorted, just need to do my mock exam papers.

Chemistry, meh. Apart from CHEM5 I am hopefully going form near full marks. Need to get back and go over CHEM5 lol. for CHEM5 I have really milked the Collins book the most. AMAZING BOOK!!!!

I would say Nelson Thorns is pretty decent on the understanding of Transition metals etc. USELESS on Electrochemical cells. Seriously it's CRAP!

Collins and CGP :cool:. Although I have found CGP a little too simple for my liking. It's brilliant to get the general knowledge on the section. You'll have to refer to Collins after CGP or even Nelson Thorns. <---That's me anyway lol

COLOURS- CGP have a coloured diagram, cant remember page but it's easy to learn!

(PS if you've not got the CHEM5 collins book get it now! Amazon are selling fro 3.99 with free delivery, brand new :smile:)

Maths-I will DIE if I do any more papers.

The site you said it pretty decent! :colone:
Reply 917
Original post by Doctor.
I'm doing CHEM1, CHEM2, CHEM5, HBIO1, HBIO2, HBIO5, Core 1 and Core 2

Biology is sorted, just need to do my mock exam papers.

Chemistry, meh. Apart from CHEM5 I am hopefully going form near full marks. Need to get back and go over CHEM5 lol. for CHEM5 I have really milked the Collins book the most. AMAZING BOOK!!!!

I would say Nelson Thorns is pretty decent on the understanding of Transition metals etc. USELESS on Electrochemical cells. Seriously it's CRAP!

Collins and CGP :cool:. Although I have found CGP a little too simple for my liking. It's brilliant to get the general knowledge on the section. You'll have to refer to Collins after CGP or even Nelson Thorns. <---That's me anyway lol

COLOURS- CGP have a coloured diagram, cant remember page but it's easy to learn!

(PS if you've not got the CHEM5 collins book get it now! Amazon are selling fro 3.99 with free delivery, brand new :smile:)

Maths-I will DIE if I do any more papers.

The site you said it pretty decent! :colone:

Sooo many exams! :O looks like your January is going to be really busy :/
Original post by Doctor.

OMG I'm jealous!! completely opposite :s-smilie: I soo want to stay home but then I end up making plans!! happened today, yesterday and just every time I make revision plan someone calls me to do something (and I am too nice to say no:P)
Reply 919
OMG I'm jealous!! completely opposite :s-smilie: I soo want to stay home but then I end up making plans!! happened today, yesterday and just every time I make revision plan someone calls me to do something (and I am too nice to say no:P)

Hehe, I turn off my phone and put it away and just get on with work. Watch TV for a bit and chill out!

It works :s-smilie:. I felt the same way when I started but I guess I got used to it lol.