The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Interview at Liverpool too 10th feb :smile:
Reply 981
Congratulations!! :smile: Looks like they're sending interviews for re-sitters today.
I'm yet to hear from though.
Original post by kath23
Interview at liverpooooooll!! EEEEK :smile: i had actually begun to loose hope... im a resitter, with 2 rejections so far under my belt. @myyrh when is your interview? Mine is February 14th... valentines day lol!

Original post by Aysh161
Interview at Liverpool too 10th feb :smile:

congratulations guys: do you mind me asking what your academics are like?+ukcat
Reply 983
Original post by undertaker1
congratulations guys: do you mind me asking what your academics are like?+ukcat

They don't take into account the UKCAT :smile:
Reply 984
Late Christmas Wishes and Happy new year. :smile:
Original post by aj2010

lets just hope 2012 is a good year:smile: for all us resit applicants
Original post by aj2010

same to you :smile:
Received a rejection from Lancaster yesterday and already have a rejection from clinical sciences, really struggling to motivate myself to revise in light of this, can anyone offer me any advice. This is the reason they outlined for my rejection;

"Overall, your personal statement was deemed less competitive, in terms of demonstrating our non-academic entry requirements, than those of other applicants."

Could anyone also tell me that considering the Lancaster course is applied for through Liverpool does that mean the same admissions tutors look at the application for both Universities? Because if that's the case then I'm thinking Liverpool may reject me too and I really don't want this to turn into last year all over again! :frown:

Original post by kath23
Interview at liverpooooooll!! EEEEK :smile: i had actually begun to loose hope... im a resitter, with 2 rejections so far under my belt. @myyrh when is your interview? Mine is February 14th... valentines day lol!

Original post by myyrh
Thanks!! :smile: it's on the 13th of feb.

Congratulations to both of you! There's a fair few pages that I don't really fancy trawling through so what were you grades like the first time round if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 988
Original post by the_alybot
Received a rejection from Lancaster yesterday and already have a rejection from clinical sciences, really struggling to motivate myself to revise in light of this, can anyone offer me any advice. This is the reason they outlined for my rejection;

"Overall, your personal statement was deemed less competitive, in terms of demonstrating our non-academic entry requirements, than those of other applicants."

Could anyone also tell me that considering the Lancaster course is applied for through Liverpool does that mean the same admissions tutors look at the application for both Universities? Because if that's the case then I'm thinking Liverpool may reject me too and I really don't want this to turn into last year all over again! :frown:

Congratulations to both of you! There's a fair few pages that I don't really fancy trawling through so what were you grades like the first time round if you don't mind me asking?

Firstly, so sorry to hear your bad news. It's such a horrible feeling getting a rejection.

Interestingly, their reason for you being unsuccessful is EXACTLY the same as Liverpool gave for me last year. They do have different admissions tutors though, so it doesn't mean that you'll get a rejection from Liverpool.

I didn't really put a reflection in my PS last year about why I was having to resit- could that be what was missing?
Reply 989
Original post by daj198
Firstly, so sorry to hear your bad news. It's such a horrible feeling getting a rejection.

Interestingly, their reason for you being unsuccessful is EXACTLY the same as Liverpool gave for me last year. They do have different admissions tutors though, so it doesn't mean that you'll get a rejection from Liverpool.

I didn't really put a reflection in my PS last year about why I was having to resit- could that be what was missing?

I only wrote a few lines about the resitting business :frown:

I don't wanna get rejected
Original post by daj198

Hey thanks :smile:

It's good to hear that both schools have different admissions tutors so I'm still in with a chance (however small it may be)

I was meticulous with my personal statement this year, dedicated a whole paragraph to my need to resit and what I intend to do this year. I don't think my non-academic activities were that bad though, I've done a lot of performing arts work in addition to my voluntary/work work experience so I don't really know where I went wrong because they never really outlined anything specific they were looking for in non-academic requirements :cry::dontknow:

How is your application going this year? Heard any news yet? :smile:
Reply 991

Hey I'm so sorry to hear about Lancaster:frown: You can't give up! Imagine you get an offer but fail to get your resit grades, that would be devastating.

My grades are
Gcse-4a*6a 1c
As-B(physics) B(general studies) E(critical thinking)
A levels-AAB
Reply 992
Original post by myyrh
Hey I'm so sorry to hear about Lancaster:frown: You can't give up! Imagine you get an offer but fail to get your resit grades, that would be devastating.

My grades are
Gcse-4a*6a 1c
As-B(physics) B(general studies) E(critical thinking)
A levels-AAB

I'm kind of confused. Don't you need biology and chemistry at least to AS to apply to medicine and I was told unis don't accept critical thinking except Liverpool and Lancaster at AS.

I think I've missed something, so sorry if this is an odd question.
Reply 993
Original post by Aysha92
I'm kind of confused. Don't you need biology and chemistry at least to AS to apply to medicine and I was told unis don't accept critical thinking except Liverpool and Lancaster at AS.

I think I've missed something, so sorry if this is an odd question.

Oh sorry my mistake, the AS grades I listed were just the extra AS's i dropped. My a levels are standard bio, maths, geography and chem which I'm doing this year :tongue:
Reply 994
Original post by myyrh
Oh sorry my mistake, the AS grades I listed were just the extra AS's i dropped. My a levels are standard bio, maths, geography and chem which I'm doing this year :tongue:

Ah I see. Good luck with the exams soon!
I just got a rejection from lancaster too

'Overall, your personal statement was deemed less competitive, in terms of
demonstrating our
non-academic entry requirements, than those of other applicants.
'

2 + years of volunteering, 5 weeks of work experience, having a job and being part of a rugby club with a pretty packed gap year isn't the issue. They're basically saying 'we don't think you'd be a good doctor based on what our first impression is kthxbi' :frown:
Reply 996
Original post by Abbasmerali
I just got a rejection from lancaster too

'Overall, your personal statement was deemed less competitive, in terms of
demonstrating our
non-academic entry requirements, than those of other applicants.
'

2 + years of volunteering, 5 weeks of work experience, having a job and being part of a rugby club with a pretty packed gap year isn't the issue. They're basically saying 'we don't think you'd be a good doctor based on what our first impression is kthxbi' :frown:

WTF they reject people on Saturdays?! :s-smilie: They have no life, and they like to make me worry on weekends now. GREAT.
Reply 997

Don't get down..its a bad place to be! Expecially if you have exams, just think no news is good news, so wait to hear from your other unis. Its Lancasters loss eh? You only need one offer to get into medical school so forget any rejections that you have!

GCSE's - 1A*, 7As (7 or 8.. i cant remember lol), 1B
AS - A (chem) A(bio) A(eng lit) A(h.e)
A - AAB
Original post by kath23
Don't get down..its a bad place to be! Expecially if you have exams, just think no news is good news, so wait to hear from your other unis. Its Lancasters loss eh? You only need one offer to get into medical school so forget any rejections that you have!

GCSE's - 1A*, 7As (7 or 8.. i cant remember lol), 1B
AS - A (chem) A(bio) A(eng lit) A(h.e)
A - AAB

hey have you received any interviews this year.

you have similar stats to myself--- do you mind me asking what you got in your ukcat and where else you have applied?
Reply 999
are you allowed to resit unit 4 in summer as its an a-level unit? or can't you resit it?

Latest