The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by myyrh
Thank you :biggrin: Hopefully you get both of yours :cool: :smile: How was your Liverpool interview?

thank youu :smile: it was weird, I don't know how they were testing if I was good enough to be honest, it was just like a chat.
Reply 1101
Original post by myyrh
Guys I got an offer from Peninsula!!!! :biggrin:

wellll done dudee!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :cool:
Hey guys, got an offer from UEA today but they ask for A* in chem and A in physics. I can resit again and in June which is fair enough I guess.
Reply 1103
Original post by areyousure?
Hey guys, got an offer from UEA today but they ask for A* in chem and A in physics. I can resit again and in June which is fair enough I guess.

Wow Congrats man, you really deserve it :biggrin: you must be pleased :smile: Well I'm sure you can get that A* :cool: and there's always Liverpool :wink:
Original post by myyrh
Wow Congrats man, you really deserve it :biggrin: you must be pleased :smile: Well I'm sure you can get that A* :cool: and there's always Liverpool :wink:

thanks ^^ well I was expecting getting asked for an A* in chem, it's the A in physics that has me really confused about this... totally unexpected!
Reply 1105

Congraluations!!!. :biggrin:.:biggrin::biggrin:. You already have AABBB don't you?, they asked for you to resit 2 subjects?
Reply 1106
Original post by myyrh
Thank you :biggrin: Hopefully you get both of yours :cool: :smile: How was your Liverpool interview?

Congraluations!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by aj2010
Congraluations!!!. :biggrin:.:biggrin::biggrin:. You already have AABBB don't you?, they asked for you to resit 2 subjects?

Thank youuu :biggrin:
Well I'm resitting physics just for the sake of it and I though it was going to be irrelevant but it turns out they now want an A in that too...
Reply 1108
OFFER from Lancaster :biggrin:
Original post by myyrh
OFFER from Lancaster :biggrin:

Well done!! :biggrin: :yy:
You're on a roll! :rolleyes:
Reply 1110
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Well done!! :biggrin: :yy:
You're on a roll! :rolleyes:

Thank you so much :biggrin: :smile:
Original post by myyrh
Thank you so much :biggrin: :smile:

No worries :smile:
Looking forward to tomorrow? I can't decide if I am or not? :tongue:
Reply 1112
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
No worries :smile:
Looking forward to tomorrow? I can't decide if I am or not? :tongue:

Not at all :/ I know I didn't do well enough in my biol4 to secure that A so that means resitting it in June along with biol5. Oh and I'm doing my A2 Chen exams in June so only as results tomorrow :wink: good luck though :biggrin: hope you get that A so you can just chill till uni starts :smile:
Original post by myyrh
Not at all :/ I know I didn't do well enough in my biol4 to secure that A so that means resitting it in June along with biol5. Oh and I'm doing my A2 Chen exams in June so only as results tomorrow :wink: good luck though :biggrin: hope you get that A so you can just chill till uni starts :smile:

I bet you did better than you thought! Jan exams are always hard so only grade boundaries can save us now! :tongue:
Good luck with all the rest of your exams though and fingers crossed for both of us for tomorrow :smile:
Reply 1114
I got the A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Reply 1115
Original post by aj2010
I got the A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Well done! :biggrin: I have to go find out my Biology mark but I'm not getting my hopes up after my chemistry results :/ B and C. So bring on the RESITS! :cool:
I got the same results as in the summer aka BB in chemistry and physics....
guys, i have gotten a D in my chemistry unit 1 at A2

basically, i got 48 UMS marks

but last year i got 12 ums marks over an A

so basically it is 60/72.

i am also on course to getting around 39/40 for my internal assesments.

so basically, if i add in the marks i have 65/72

this means i need around 127/150 in my A2 exam i.e final exam

i wanted to ask, do medical schools allow a/s retakes? is that considered 're-sitting' ? do i need extenutating circumstances? Or is that only for A2 re-takes. i could improve my other a/s chemistry exam by quite a bit of ums marks!

i know i don't need to re-take, but i need to plan for the worst.
I got the same results as in the summer aka BB in chemistry and physics....

keep at it. honestly, do not give up
Reply 1119
Original post by coverunder
guys, i have gotten a D in my chemistry unit 1 at A2

basically, i got 48 UMS marks

but last year i got 12 ums marks over an A

so basically it is 60/72.

i am also on course to getting around 39/40 for my internal assesments.

so basically, if i add in the marks i have 65/72

this means i need around 127/150 in my A2 exam i.e final exam

i wanted to ask, do medical schools allow a/s retakes? is that considered 're-sitting' ? do i need extenutating circumstances? Or is that only for A2 re-takes. i could improve my other a/s chemistry exam by quite a bit of ums marks!

i know i don't need to re-take, but i need to plan for the worst.

Only Ucl and Oxbridge may give you hard time. Apart from that, you can resit any module as many times as you want as long as you are still completing your a level in two years I.e whilst at sixth form. You don't need extenuating circimstances. If in doubt retake, that as cushion of marks could prevent you from dropping a grade In the end. I resat c1 four times because I was paranoid and it didn't affect my chances.

Latest

Trending

Trending